The online racing simulator
the very beginning of lfs
(33 posts, started )
does anyone posses some files of the very beginning of the lfs crusade?

i'd like to see the progress made, and were it started from.

some guys talked about the "early" days, but i don't have a picture of these days.
and i prefer moving pictures, so spare me screenshots please...

thx
#2 - Jakg
if its demos you want, head to the downloads archive
Yup, that seems to be a good place to start.
2000!
Thats because the address of the master server has changed. There is a file with the address in, if you change it to master.liveforspeed.com, then it should work if I remember correctly.
#5 - Tukko
Tyres don't burst at all in the old versions.
Actually, we don't (anymore).
ah yes but i recall seeing photos of the very first version which was before even .04k.

they were screenshots showing some cars (one was a fake porsche) going around these tracks which were made out of flat shaded polygons
Yes, I remember seeing them in a forum along with the amazed comments of the people who discovered that early version. Some of them understood clearly they stumbled upon something hot. An amusing forum thread. I don't remember where I saw it, sadly.
yeah I wanna know why they stopped developing the tracks from then cause they aren't the tracks we have now...
well they must only include the best im pretty sure this S2 promo screenshot isnt any track we have either, unless its a very early version of aston

I've also now downloaded 0.04Q... My God, that brings up a lot of
memories. I think that is the first one i found on a local pc magazine cd .
I remember when i first tried it, thinking this can't be real, it's too freaking
hard to drive lol.
Thinking of the beginning of LFS, I was just trying to find the thread in which quite a few of us first found LFS, at the RSC forums in August 2002. The title mentioned a new racing sim that looked quite realistic and fun, and there was a link to the demo that had been uploaded. I haven't found that thread, but I did come across this one where I first requested autocross in LFS
its funny though how the autocross is rarely used for the proper purpose, instead people usually just make tracks using tons and tons of barriers
#15 - JJ72
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :well they must only include the best im pretty sure this S2 promo screenshot isnt any track we have either, unless its a very early version of aston

It's the kyoto ring.
How would you know?
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :well they must only include the best im pretty sure this S2 promo screenshot isnt any track we have either, unless its a very early version of aston

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/sims/lfs/screenshots/259.jpg

That's the old Blackwood, the chicane before the last checkpoint.
let the theories begin! bear in mind though it is an S2 beta screenshot, fernbay was already completed long before this.
i would say it's an early version of westhill
It sure looks like Westhill :-)
lol, what track haven't we guessed at yet? south city or docklands? hmm. my vote goes with westhill national.
#22 - joen
I think it's the Blackwood chicane

Quote from HeavyGhost :looks to me like an early version of the s's on fern bay

o rly?
I think it's Kyoto Long ^^
Quote from Bob Smith :lol, what track haven't we guessed at yet? [...]

we didn't guess the dragstrip yet, so my vote goes for this

no seriously, it seems like the blackwood chicane .. only a "light edition"
LADIES!

The track wasn't the interesting thing about this Pic when it was released.....it was the sexy rear of that FZ50 that drove us mad.....If I am not totally wrong that was its first public appearance.....

Lord, how I miss that guessin'

CU, Sebastian

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG