The online racing simulator
So... i found this...
(18 posts, started )
So... i found this...
some people send messages to me asking if is official game, probably they can't read

but i send the email to devs take a look, some people paying to get this "fake" game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobile.online.newlfs

YES i download and open the apk file

and have literally nothing, only parts of interface and payment issues, dont have any texture from a car or track, 2d or 3d

is just a scam app to steal money from people dont know the game
Attached images
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_9.png
120929255_3361841183905250_8321194777882412395_n.jpg
LOL
Take a look at his list.

Snowrunner
Assetto Corsa
R6 Siege
L4D2
ATS
Rust
ARMA
Forrest
H1Z1

Everthing Mobile.. Dead banana
I reported it as a fake app, but I wanted to comunnity help to do the same if possible
Version number still being as 1.0 after days of publish. And no actual information data. This, being from my perspective, if never heard of LFS before.
Quote from MacedoSTI :some people send messages to me asking if is official game, probably they can't read

but i send the email to devs take a look, some people paying to get this "fake" game

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobile.online.newlfs

YES i download and open the apk file

and have literally nothing, only parts of interface and payment issues, dont have any texture from a car or track, 2d or 3d

is just a scam app to steal money from people dont know the game

It is a phishing or scam app (or both). Needs to be removed from app store
#7 - gu3st
Amazing what happens when there's no review process before distributing an application.
I'm shocked why this is published... Google, are you drunk? Reported.
#9 - gu3st
Quote from Evolution_R :I'm shocked why this is published... Google, are you drunk? Reported.

Because Google doesn't review any apps that are published. You can publish anything for the low fee of $5.

The Play Store is just a cesspool wasteland.
#10 - 5tag
I can't even report it, just "flag as inappropriate". Not sure how much that'll accomplish. I hope the devs approach Google directly.
Quote from gu3st :Because Google doesn't review any apps that are published. You can publish anything for the low fee of $5.

The Play Store is just a cesspool wasteland.

That's not true. iStore is the same, just with a little bit of more checking and missing a lot of stuff.
Quote from bishtop :They're supposed to review them first, they just fail to do a good job of it.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/6334282

That's right. I've had my apps checked plenty of times on the Play Store.
yeah.. there is some review process, and it is non-trivial for our mobile banking apps (I'm working for company producing those), so I'm surprised this kind of blatant scam gets through, seems like they are very selective about what to check thoroughly.

Anyway, makes me wonder how much did they scam, and if it's worth to pursue them by some legal action. But I guess standard legal system will run into Turkishland wall and there's not enough actual people in Google to deal with these tiny frauds, the remaining 2.5 person staff is probably dealing with the major ones.

Anyway, I hope Scawen will be able to flag this with minimal investment (of time/money) and it will result in the most effect possible in the Android world, but my hopes are low (I'm Android app developer, so I judge by the response of Google in case of some major issues, while this is just small scam, probably not worth even $100k).
I mean.. is there a review process if this can get through? Or is it simply an automated anti-virus process that checks "ok this isn't malware I guess" and approves it.
Quote from gu3st :I mean.. is there a review process if this can get through? Or is it simply an automated anti-virus process that checks "ok this isn't malware I guess" and approves it.

In the past all that was done to get past the review phase with apps that had certain root based features was to make the main base of the application into something like a phone specification viewer with stuff like a cache cleaner and hide the forbidden part behind one of the menu options which would required you to select and then close that option 3 times to enable the hidden part, so back then id guess the "review process" was opening the application and if tallied up with what the developer described then it would be allowed.

I can only guess that due to covid 19 it could mean a smaller workforce or those working from home and them either not being bothered to even briefly check every application submitted or snowed under with apps submitted. There has been and are many apps/games that are full of constant adverts or misleading descriptions which have constant negative reviews and have been on the store for a long time before being removed

Id hope that with this one taking the name of LFS, it would be removed quickly but i honestly think that for them to do so they would need one of the developers to contact them to report it
oh damn 1.0 i thought id never see the day, god bless ;Dd
Quote from MousemanLV :oh damn 1.0 i thought id never see the day, god bless ;Dd

I know, right? Now we have 3 different runways in LFS!
We reported the copyright infringement about a week ago and it has now been removed.

So... i found this...
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG