The online racing simulator
Strange Logitech Profiler problem...
I have a Logitech Formula Force and until recently had the version 4.25 driver installed. However, I recently bought a Logitech MOMO Force for my second computer and noticed that the force effect on the MOMO was less skittish in a straight line with the 4.40 drivers that came with it.

So I installed the 4.40 driver that came with the MOMO, and then later installed 4.60 driver, which is the latest from the Logitech website. Both of these drivers have much better FF effects than the 4.25 driver, but now the buttons and keypresses that I have assigned in the profiler don't work. The profiler appears as normal and I have mapped one button to be a SHIFT button and other buttons to be keypresses. They appear to be fine in the profiler, but when I play LFS the buttons behave as though no profile is set.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers (4.40 and 4.60) but the problem remains. I haven't gone back to 4.25 yet, because the effects in 4.40+ are so much better, but I miss being able to pause the game by pressing a button on the wheel, and getting an extra 4 buttons due to the SHIFT feature.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
I just tried uninstalling 4.40 and reinstalling 4.25 - still got the same problem.

I suspect that this could be a registry setting type issue. Does anyone know how I can clear out all the logitech gaming software registry settings?

I don't want to go removing everything with Logitech in it as I have a Logitech G15 keyboard and a Logitech G7 mouse...
1) Unistall the whole package (profiler and everything) and reboot your machine.
(2) delete everithing in C:/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Logitech
(3) Clean out your Temp folder and go into C:/Windows/System32/Drivers folder and delete anything in there that has anything to do with Logitech (logitech drivers usually begin with Wm.-just hover with your mouse and it will say Logitech or not.)
(4) In the same folder, delete the five or six Windows drivers that begin with "hid." You should watch after you delete them, though, to make sure that they re-appear. Be SURE they re-appear!!!!!!!! If they do not, go into the recycle bin and restore them. Reboot your machine.
(5) Now, re-install whatever driver package it is you decide you want to.

Try this. Might help.

Once you reinstall new drivers, make a brand new profile for LFS and point it to your LFS exe.

EDIT - Just read that you have Logi keyboard too, so yeah, this could interfere with that
#4 - filur
Maybe check your global profiler settings first, ie. profile assigned auto / fixed profile etc.
Quote from dontsimon :1) Unistall the whole package (profiler and everything) and reboot your machine.
(2) delete everithing in C:/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Logitech
(3) Clean out your Temp folder and go into C:/Windows/System32/Drivers folder and delete anything in there that has anything to do with Logitech (logitech drivers usually begin with Wm.-just hover with your mouse and it will say Logitech or not.)
(4) In the same folder, delete the five or six Windows drivers that begin with "hid." You should watch after you delete them, though, to make sure that they re-appear. Be SURE they re-appear!!!!!!!! If they do not, go into the recycle bin and restore them. Reboot your machine.
(5) Now, re-install whatever driver package it is you decide you want to.

Try this. Might help.

Once you reinstall new drivers, make a brand new profile for LFS and point it to your LFS exe.

EDIT - Just read that you have Logi keyboard too, so yeah, this could interfere with that

Thanks, I'll give that a try now. What about registry settings? I suspect it might be a dud registry setting more than a dud file...

EDIT - That fixed it. You are a LEGEND!!!

Now the long version in case anyone else runs into the same problem. I did what you said and then installed the 4.60 driver. The auto detection after installation of 4.60 didn't detect my Wingman formula force and I read the readme and the Formula Force is only supported in Windows 98/ME (they call it a "Legacy USB Device"). So I unplugged the controller and plugged it back in. Windows (XP Pro) detected it correctly, but said the file "WmUSBHid.sys" could not be found. I restored from the recycle bin the version that I had previously deleted (it was the 4.25 version) and completed the windows hardware detection. I then ran the Logitech detection again, it detected it and I just ran LFS and the profiler is working.

So it's all good except Australia just got robbed by the referee and a diving Italian player in the dying seconds of their World Cup match against Italy...
Quote from filur :Maybe check your global profiler settings first, ie. profile assigned auto / fixed profile etc.

Thanks, but I tried all those settings. I even tried using a persistent profile setting, but when the wheel is active it just seems to ignore the profiler.
Felt for the Aussies, I was cheering for them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG