The online racing simulator
Graphics Settings
(7 posts, started )
#1 - ebola
Graphics Settings
Hi,

I have recently upgraded from a 1.5Ghz P4 Geforce MX440 illepall to a AMD 3700+ Geforce 6800GT machine. The beauty of LFS I simply copied my LFS folder and bang it worked. Then I thought hmmm I dont know what the MAX settings are for graphics.

I think there should be a Maximum, Minimum and Average button for graphics and then people can make specific changes as required.

For example what is the Z-buffer number and HVS? Do I raise the number or have HVS on or off?

Cheers
#2 - ORION
z-buffer saves the depth information for the polygones (vertives rather), thus higher = better.
hvs means hardware vertex shader, which allows the GFX card wp help your CPU a bit. Makes the game much faster.

However, there are already a few threads like this in the forum, you could search for them. I remember one where someone posted many huge screens, I guess it shouldnt be too difficult to find
I made a suggestion in December of last year saying the same thing about how difficult the graphics options menu can be. Hopefully we'll see some improvement in this area before S2 is finalized.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=3549
yes, but best medium and low are kinda.. not very informing, i mean, thats fine for the users that dont know how to set everything up, but we should deffinetly still keep everything else we have right now
#5 - Lible
You have very similar combo to me. But 6800GS here.
could someone go thru all options on what they mean, asi thought i am turning everything up, but when game is loading i get
<loading shaders> Medium and i thought i was turning it right up

Graphics Settings
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG