The online racing simulator
Extended functionality of lfs.net/leagues for administrators
Hello,

I am a big fan of the league functionalities on LFS.net. However there are a few improvement suggestions I came across this past weekend:
  1. Dropdown menu for car choice: Currently the car choice can only be done by the competitor via typing the cars name/abbreviation into a text field. Meanwhile the calendar already asks you for the cars used in this event. Maybe there can be a dropdown menu for the available cars a potential competitor can choose an option from, if it is a season sign-up and if all rounds uses the same cars.
  2. Export function: Depending on what type of league you are running, you are using different amounts of external software (tracker, results applications, ...). Especially some software to analyse mprs needs team definitions in endurance races to properly generate their outputs. Currently, the entries on the leagues' section need to be copied and pasted, with a good chance to make mistakes or to have outdated entry informations, especially when facing a defined deadline. A simple export function (i.e. csv-file) would improve the data transfer massively.
  3. Password sharing/Message all competitors: A similar situation appears in regards to the distribution of information to competitors, especially the distribution of the event server password. I could think of a partially automated process as we alraedy have the option to join servers by using a hyperlink. Alternatively a "message all entries" function could work for this process as well.
  4. Result archive: Currently the event passes and appears as completed event in the carlendar. Meanwhile there is already a online race results archive on lfsworld.net. To give more value to the leagues' section, linking the race dates to the results would come in handy.
best regards!
All good suggestions. This isn't strictly a suggestion for administrators but it's something that could help participation and awareness of leagues and events:

Having more integration between the leagues section and the corresponding forum subsections would be a bonus so that discussions are closely coupled to that system. In addition to the options we have available (the list and calendar), perhaps something could be done to mimic what the LFS Twitter handle has been putting out occasionally: A summary of the day/week's events (example) on other pages of the LFS website. This could be shown in a small panel to the side of the LFS homepage or somewhere on the forum. On that subject, I do feel like the forum index page could be narrower and other information could be shown on the side somewhere. Or the forum could be made full-width with room for this other information.
+1
i support all these suggestions, particularly the message all participants option. I dont know how others do it, but i manually checked all 50odd usernames and copied them into msg adress bar. Took me some time, and in the end 2 guys didnt get a password.
Quote from NumberTwo :i manually checked all 50odd usernames and copied them into msg adress bar

This is common practice. Those message chains sometimes turn into a discussion, the downside of which is that everyone gets a notification about replies, which some people probably find annoying. We should be promoting discussions, so this is one argument to support the close-coupling of the leagues sub-forums and the leagues page.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG