The online racing simulator
Racing Servers
(13 posts, started )
Racing Servers
Hey,
I bought the S1 and S2 license back in 2005. I returned about 2 years ago but just found drift-servers. Now I would like to play the game again and i find so much drive and cruise servers, but just a few real racing servers. Why are there so less real racing servers? Do I need the S3 license to see all the racing servers?

Thanks for your answers.
#2 - lucaf
Check "Show also empty servers" and you find more race servers...with S3 you may see also some empty Rockingham servers Smile
If want some action then check https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar
Quote from madbird :Hey,
I bought the S1 and S2 license back in 2005. I returned about 2 years ago but just found drift-servers. Now I would like to play the game again and i find so much drive and cruise servers, but just a few real racing servers. Why are there so less real racing servers? Do I need the S3 license to see all the racing servers?

Thanks for your answers.

Simple answer is that the volume LFS had isn't there anymore, although the racing community is definitely not dead. Referencing a conversation I had with some of AOR's community, people have grown older, some busy with life, others, moving onto bigger, more expanded and refined sims like iR or rF2. Times change and people have come to "settle in with a sim of choice that they have raced in now for a while".
Otherwise, LFS is still alive, some times in the European time people will start up the B2R Rotate server which is a licenced-specific server that rotates on tracks and cars. Cruise is very active, and so is the main user intake, demo servers.

Apart from that, league racing is very active - there are a couple of leagues for you to take part in to see what floats your boat, ranging from FM GTi Thursday, FOX Friday, to mrc's FBM Saturday. Rony's Fun Race (RTFR) is also hugely populated due to its... fun! nature and constant combo roations. SRT finland also does leagues on Fridays and Weekends, while new start-up series Layout Racing League by myself and Nikopdr, racing on completely new circuits, has been recently hugely popular with close to 30 drivers in the championship.

Choices are far from limited so we'd definitely like to see you racing with us in any league you choose!
There is also CESAV league with GTR, Absolute Begginers league with various combo's.

There is a big race every day, except wednesday.
Quote from MicroSpecV :Simple answer is that the volume LFS had isn't there anymore, although the racing community is definitely not dead.

It's like Formula One these days, first two battle for position and the rest joins the parade. It's not racing whats going on, it's cruising in a race-a-like environment. The race Gods are either passed away or permanently moved to another sim.
Quote from lucaf :Check "Show also empty servers" and you find more race servers...with S3 you may see also some empty Rockingham servers Smile
If want some action then check https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar

As above but also look out for at least our s2 server, and even if no one is on our S2 server if you come and got me from the MRC Formula Bmw server id follow you to the server and more than likely a few more to follow me.
Quote from cargame.nl :It's like Formula One these days, first two battle for position and the rest joins the parade. It's not racing whats going on, it's cruising in a race-a-like environment. The race Gods are either passed away or permanently moved to another sim.

yawn your so wrong, some of the fastest racers ever in LFS race these days. You think its a two car race, you could not be more wrong, if its a race on our formula bmw server for example you would come up against anything up to 6+ racers that get 1.11 lap times and the majority of others getting mid 12's which makes some great racing.

If the account you use is the account you first used for LFS, it would mean you started racing 7 months before me, and i still get to race as many people as back then apart from the guys/girls from oval racing, and even then they race elsewhere on LFS still or are members of MRc. A lot of racers that would race on your servers are still about racing

LFS may be less active overall but its far from dead yet

I have not raced as often this month as usual but still i have encountered 800+ racers

The following is not even the full list but shows many and there is still a quarter of the list to go.

Thanks for your answers guys! I already found servers yesterday which seem to make races at specific days every week.
I will try to get on these for racing and I will have a look at the leagues.
as i am not a really good driver, maybe a good average driver, i will first the a new driving wheel, to get back the feeling.
my old one isnt there anymore.

I guess, for joining one of the organized races which take place every week, I just need to join the discord servers and i can take part? Thats just what I understood from reading the rules. I won't be fast, I'll be following the others far behind, but it doesnt matter for me.
madbird if you end up online and would like someone to practice with you on any licensed track, search for my username (most likely be on mrc formula bmw i would then be more than happy to join you and help with any setups ect (ive 1000s)
Quote from bishtop :
If the account you use is the account you first used for LFS,

No it's not my first account. We started on demo but it doesn't matter much. But if it would be so active then topics like this would not exist.

I see you like to hang around lfsworld.. This is the most shocking one;

Licensed environment is even more dramatic. These 'encounters' you have are mostly all on demo. And if you compare timelines between now 16:00 CEST;

And back in the days.. Then you have completely lost reality. Completely.
Still what i shown are facts, such as the following, yes the total amount of players may have fallen but that can be said for nearly every game, it has not fallen to a level that makes it so there is no racing, the most damaging thing to LFS is not the lack of content but misguided information, newcomers who have not tried the current content would not be concerned about the latter

Over the past 10 years

The problem I have with finding a populated lobby or league is being in the Pacific Time Zone (GMT-8). There are no U.S. servers so I'm looking at at weekends only. This causes hesitation to fork out for a license which I want to do. I dig the game but am mindful of my being able to participate with others online.
:/
-
(labelle) DELETED by labelle

Racing Servers
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG