The online racing simulator
February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bass-Driver :Maybe a "simple" solution:
-Guest must create a account to download LFS content.

- Demo licensed player is only allowed to download the "demo" version of the game ( Stripped version of LFS without S1/S2/S3 content. Only the nessesary cars/track for demo.

- And when the demo player payed for a license they will have access to the full game. Ofcourse with the limitations of S1/S2/S3 content.

Just my thoughts

That's how it used to be (kinda). It's also ineffective because someone can just post the full game on a torrent site or other file hosting service.
A simple solution for limiting to supported times of day could be to reverse time. So the sun would rise, set, then reverse set, reverse rise, rise, etc.. But it sounds like night mode is pretty far along. Looking forward to trying it, but now not expecting the update any time soon.
Damm it all sounds so COOL.

Can't wait Smile
Quote from bobloblaw :A simple solution for limiting to supported times of day

I think the point was, why limit if it's not necessary.
what sort of moonless night...
Potato PC = go to hard work
Quote from Scawen :Of course the moon and planets are a way lower priority than getting the tyres sorted out. So I don't imagine seeing the moon very soon.

My heart skipped a beat with the opening post. Love your passion and the attention to detail when it comes to LFS. Keep it up!

Yeah, the initial players and those of us who have been at it for a few years (a while back), may or may not be around forever - but I'm sure the kids growing up now will be as blown as away as most of us were when we first tried out LFS. Heart
Very good job ok?
Quote from Scawen :You seem to think Eric already has all the tracks finished and we are just waiting for me now.

No, I'm saying the ones he's finished with will have to be revisited (by the both of you I guess) and the ones he is or will be working on will take even longer when night time settings are to be included.
So after the updated tracks and the day-night cycle, the game will be more GPU or CPU dependent?
Quote from nikolai_01 :So after the updated tracks and the day-night cycle, the game will be more GPU or CPU dependent?

It's a graphics update, the racing as such won't be affected by it (apart from the cars interacting with a more detailed track surface, maybe). But for the most part it'll be more demanding of GPU power and memory, than it is now.
Quote from 5tag :Okay this looks awesome and all but *for now* can you please limit it to static daytime? Give us the updated tracks to play with first. Dynamic lighting and nighttime opens a whole other can of worms that would push this patch many months further away.

Quote from Scawen :
You seem to think Eric already has all the tracks finished and we are just waiting for me now. But that is not the case.

Hard swerve. 5tag has a great point and your reply proved it. The to-do list on your desk must look like a picture my 3 year old colored. The 9+ year tyre physics project isn't done but lets make the skies darker guys.
Quote from klbbadd2002 :Hard swerve. 5tag has a great point and your reply proved it. The to-do list on your desk must look like a picture my 3 year old colored. The 9+ year tyre physics project isn't done but lets make the skies darker guys.

Watch out, each negative post replaces a week of coding with a week of mountain biking.
Quote from klbbadd2002 :Hard swerve. 5tag has a great point and your reply proved it. The to-do list on your desk must look like a picture my 3 year old colored. The 9+ year tyre physics project isn't done but lets make the skies darker guys.

Programming is an art form. You can't expect an artist to constantly produce on a single thing all the time, sometimes you need to work on something else to rest/gain inspiration.

I see this as being no different.
sad lyf
Seems we've come to the end of this conversation. Negative people are surfacing.

Most people, thank you for the comments, it's good to see a lot of you are very interested in this update.
This thread is closed

February Progress Report
(140 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG