The online racing simulator
As a returning player. Is there enough content in an s3 license to be worth it?
Title says it all. Please let me know what you think.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Title says it all. Please let me know what you think.

At the moment it's just 1 track.
Think the question is do u want to donate?
Well the S3 is more unique now actually... as the Rockingham will be destructed....
#4 - lucaf
Rockingham has 11 different configurations. I have some vids of them in my youtub channel. Still the whole question soumds a troll, since everyone knows the S3 content
Yes, I can see WHAT the content is. My question pertains to the value of said content. Especially in light of the fact that open autocross layouts are a thing that's new since I left the scene.

Is there enough content in the Rockingham raceway to be worth an additional 12 GBP when I've already got the other two liscence levels? Or does Rockingham add as much value as either of the previous two levels?
#6 - BeNoM
No, not at the moment at least. If you want to support the devs by buying S3 then that's another story.
I'd have to wait till I get hands on with the game again before I decided if I wanted to donate. Hope the game has come a long way in the 10 years i've been away
#8 - lucaf
10 years, so you already have new Westhill and new Blackwood to explore
#9 - Racon
Pigeonholing you with people who've expressed similar sentiments in the past, I'd guess you would not be happy with paying for just Rockingham. S3 will contain more content in the future (there are 2 more tracks in the later stages that we know of), but currently it is released as-is for the benefit of those who just really want Rockingham.
Quote from lucaf :10 years, so you already have new Westhill and new Blackwood to explore

Oh? "Old" Blackwood was already a thing of the past when I was playing. Has there been a second major revision?

MOMENTS LATER: Ah, I see the have expanded the off track facilities. Can't wait til they do the same with Aston. At one time I batted around the idea of an Aston Festival of Speed with Layout made rally stages and multiple days of events. With a whole surrounding environment, that would be amazing.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Ah, I see the have expanded the off track facilities. Can't wait til they do the same with Aston.

Don't count on that - Scawen said they're overhauling all tracks now to work with new lighting system,other tracks won't receive this much additional details. Check out the progress reports and watch for yourself what awaits you: https://www.lfs.net/news/type/-2
Quote from Racon :Pigeonholing you with people who've expressed similar sentiments in the past, I'd guess you would not be happy with paying for just Rockingham. S3 will contain more content in the future (there are 2 more tracks in the later stages that we know of), but currently it is released as-is for the benefit of those who just really want Rockingham.

To an extent, you're right to do so. If those new tracks appear, I'm totally down to upgrade my license. Was kinda hoping they would have some new flavor of car by now. Like an LMP, Daytona Prototype, Formula Ford, Cup Car... I dunno, just some new wrinkle. Hell at one time I even was exchanging emails with the maker of the DP-1 and had secured permissions for the team. nothing came of it.
Content wise no it's not worth it. But it'll support the developers and (hopefully) bring more content later on.
Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Blackwood and Westhill are updated, both now have "free roam" ability out of the main track. Otherwise, the editor has been updated to be more efficient (in theory), and Rockingham has been released in S3 a couple years back, also free roaming.

Not much else after, if you are a fan of the Rock or wish to add another track to race on then by all means S3 is the way to go. You might also benefit from the odd race event at Rockingham and of course the added track to explore, but if I'm honest I'd stay out of it if you are contented with S2....

Until the new update the devs are working on gets released.
That's pretty much what I've been thinking. This year has been the year of me getting burned on projects I've backed. I'll buy in when the content is there.

Seriously though, a new car that would give some new flavor of racing would do it though.
Scawen has said we won't get any new cars until the new tyre physics is in place (because he'd have to re-do them).

Have you played with restriction, BTW? An XRR and an XRR with 25% restriction are as good as different cars, as are the UFB and UFJ (23 and 45%) compared to a UFR, etc. Smile
Not worth it atm, you will only get to brag on the forums how you got the s3 licensed tag underneath the username
Quote from Racon :Scawen has said we won't get any new cars until the new tyre physics is in place (because he'd have to re-do them).

Have you played with restriction, BTW? An XRR and an XRR with 25% restriction are as good as different cars, as are the UFB and UFJ (23 and 45%) compared to a UFR, etc. Smile

Yeah, actually. Back in the CTRA heyday I was actually the guy that proposed their GT-Cadet class.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Title says it all. Please let me know what you think.

No.
I don't regret having S3 though.
only worth the demo better invest your money in some beers
Quote from F.C.Barcelona :only worth the demo better invest your money in some beers

And what do you base your opinion on if you do not own s3 or even s2 ? Big grin

@OP - Quite a bit of work went into making the rockingham track such as being laser scanned,so if you want something that is based on a real life race track and something that is graphically much much better than the other available tracks (except blackwood + westhill) then its worth the investment.

I have hardly raced on it but thats only due to sticking to one track at a time so i can improve my times then i will be shifting my focus onto it

It can be seen that the developers are working on updating some of the current tracks which means there is a possibility of other additional content which could be released as s3 licensed content]
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :Yeah, actually. Back in the CTRA heyday I was actually the guy that proposed their GT-Cadet class.

Just checking Thumbs up Restricted cars are hugely underappreciated around here, IMHO Smile
Quote from bishtop :And what do you base your opinion on if you do not own s3 or even s2 ? Big grin

@OP - Quite a bit of work went into making the rockingham track such as being laser scanned,so if you want something that is based on a real life race track and something that is graphically much much better than the other available tracks (except blackwood + westhill) then its worth the investment.

I have hardly raced on it but thats only due to sticking to one track at a time so i can improve my times then i will be shifting my focus onto it

It can be seen that the developers are working on updating some of the current tracks which means there is a possibility of other additional content which could be released as s3 licensed content]

Hmm, no Bish I doubt there will be any additional content put to S3 from this particular update. S3 will only get updated once the new track is completed.
Quote from Racon :Pigeonholing you with people who've expressed similar sentiments in the past, I'd guess you would not be happy with paying for just Rockingham. S3 will contain more content in the future (there are 2 more tracks in the later stages that we know of), but currently it is released as-is for the benefit of those who just really want Rockingham.

I dunno..... Kinda depends on the exchange rate KeiichiRX7 would have to pay. Adjusting for inflation, just about anybody with an S2 license should be able to swing it. But is it worth it?
I dunno. Let's see. You get a new track they had to do all this laser scanning to get right. Personally, I like the oval, but the other configurations? I think the devs made up better tracks on their own, But those are the configs they have on the real track.... til it all gets torn down. Plus, not only do you get that for new content, you can post here and whine about stuff you thought SHOULD be in the license by now and have seniority over those with simple S2 licenses! That's gotta account for something. And the online? Man! Yeeeeeah.... Better let someone else answer that one. But all in all, I think it's ok and worth the 12 pounds. Besides. When and if the devs manage to do something in your life time, it'll automatically be updateable with a couple a mouse clicks. And who knows? The exchange rate in 2034 might really suck. So yeah. Depends on the exchange rate.

As a returning player. Is there enough content in an s3 license to be worth it?
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG