The online racing simulator
Idle thoughts about Aston
(29 posts, started )
I love any version of Aston that includes the Eau Rougeish Hill, so looking at the track, i came up with two configs that I'd love to try. Both have a good dose of fast and technical sections. Of course, neither is possible because of pit locations. Oh well.

The first one is Cadet Sprint. Basically Cadet with the long sweeper added to the mix.

The second is Cadet National. This one skips the switchback for a sweeping straight all the way to to the back. This one i especially like because it opens up that back stretch in a way unavailable in any other combo.
Attached images
cadet_sprint.jpg
cadet_national.jpg
Even though we have soo many configs (that don't get played) I kinda agree on these. They would add the last few corners that are now unused on Aston, but I fear that these would end up like the other 47 rarely used configs.
We need more tracks not more configs. Aston will always be aston.
:iagree:

Aston has some great configurations, but none of them are used. I love Aston North, but it is never used anymore. For a lengthy track (the longest of LFS), Aston GP is awesome as well, but never used. We just need some new tracks rather than new configs. Something totally different than we have already. New configs only give us a couple of new corners added to the same old ones.
The best racing happens on combo's with sub 90 second lap times. When you look about, actually LFS doesn't have all that many tracks - not when you think about putting together a 10 race series for TBO's or FOX's and half the tracks are over 2 minutes in length :/ - where you never see another car.
I really like long tracks, but that's because I'd rather be out on open roads than a track. But I agree that shorter combos are best for races. The shorter the laptime the more you are likely to get into overtaking and such. The one thing that would be useful would be some more tracks that are both short but still have fast sections.
#7 - Fetzo
yep i like that too. but the 2nd one won't work with the current pits.
Quote from Fetzo :yep i like that too. but the 2nd one won't work with the current pits.

Neither one will. The first because it doesn't have an entrance into the pits and the second because it has neither entrance nor exit. Both could be alleviated with alternate entrance/exit, kind of like the main pit is handled in some South City combos.

Really, I want a track that gets access to the straight from the second pit all the way to the back 180. But there is no config that would allow that and give access to either pits.
Quote from Fetzo :yep i like that too. but the 2nd one won't work with the current pits.

Nothing a few boys from the local council can't fix next week with a slab of ashpalt

I really like the look of Cadet National

C'mon Dev's give us a go!! Even if its offline sandbox only.
But if we all say 'Pretty Please' to Eric, he might make a little change in the pit so we could have at least teh second variation showed. To me it looks like a heck of a layout. And such a pit change could open for at least two more combos
So here is my 'Pretty Please Eric! will you at least think about editing the seocnd pit just a little? Thanks' :Handshake
Why don't we jst get an open option where the whole of the track layout is there and people can block and reroute the track so that they just have the sections they want! You could use SHIFT+U and layout the whole of the track as you want to!

This would solve the problem of people still wanting their own layout!
Those configs lok prety fun

+1
I would like to know what technical requirements are needed on track models and then have a go at modelling one and submitting it for evaluation - but as far as I can tell the devs have stayed pretty quiet on the subject, and we cant look at the existing tracks at vertice level and figure out for ourselves what rules to follow when making a track.

Shame, there's no reason why the next release couldn't feature 3-4 user submitted tracks with extra combos.
Real tracks wouldn't be used because of licencing stuff anyway... And even imaginary tracks would hardly get used because the devs want to keep everything in-house. At least that's how i see it.

And don't forget, MAAAAYBE LFS will open up after S3, Scavier said nothing about this, it's a community idea, don't count on it much then.
Quote from Becky Rose :Shame, there's no reason why the next release couldn't feature 3-4 user submitted tracks with extra combos.

Considering LFS is still very much under development and likely to get an engine change (DX9 or 10) before S3 is done, my bet is that they don't want to have to deal with dealing with incompatibilities they will create in the process. I mean, most of the file formats have changed in some way with every release, so releasing tools that writes things like maps just means they'll be breaking those tools constantly and instead of just supporting Eric in the changes having to support an entire community. Plus there's the complications on how to handle it in LFSW.

Of course, they might just keep it closed to keep quality control in place. But I hope that's not the case. If you look at most of the shooters, the good content has a habit of bubbling to the top.
You can really make about a hundred of different layouts on Aston. Here's a twisty one.
Attached images
aston_twisty.jpg
Quote from Yaamboo :You can really make about a hundred of different layouts on Aston. Here's a twisty one.

27 corners i count
yep you can make extra combinations on alot of the tracks though. i personally think aston has enough as it is. KY on the other hand could gain one
Attached images
KY_aer.jpg
Oh yeah thats a good one. It's a bit of national oval and GP. It's Kyoto Ring Natval GP long. Sounds like some cold medicine.

Also where do you get the pics of the tracks.
Quote from nutty boy :Also where do you get the pics of the tracks.

Magic...
Ah please tell.
Google Earth.

Quote from xpjames :Why don't we jst get an open option where the whole of the track layout is there and people can block and reroute the track so that they just have the sections they want! You could use SHIFT+U and layout the whole of the track as you want to!

This would solve the problem of people still wanting their own layout!

it's something i've dreamed about regularly, it'd be very complicated for LFSW etc, but pretty cool for messing about on.

I like the idea of Kyoto Ring Natval GP long! although it'll be about a 4 minute lap, might be one for endurance races tho'
search nutty, i cant remember what i searched for to find them, just search top view tracks

and dont say your to lazy or dont want to, cause thats what you did last time, and thats just pathetic lol
When have I said that.

It seems like you have a vendetta for me lately.

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG