The online racing simulator
FZR rear tyres 120C and how to migrate car setup to different LFS computer
Hello,

My FZR has Cromo slick R3 tyres 140kPa on all tyres

After like 5 laps on a longer track the front are 100C and rear are 120C
I see sense less grip on rear tyres being on keyboard. But it is not bad enough to be big problem for me i think. Yet i am thinking, do you recommend to try any adjustment in pressure, tyres type or other car setting? I prefer to do for example 15 long laps without pit stop.

----

Also i received a FZR setup from other player and i would like to copy it to my other PC where LFS is installed. How can i do it please?

Thank you
#2 - Racon
Setups go in your LFS/data/setups folder. Also, if you double-click the downloaded file, LFS will copy into the correct place for you.
the tire pressure on the rear needs to be higher for you to do 15 laps on a long track, camber adjustments can also help

you can also find setups in the files section of the forum
To answer my initial question, i think one may try raising tyre number, for example from R3 to R4 as R4 tyres works best under highest temperature, but also in first laps may be too cold to turn (i think).

Quote from ImudilaSkyline :the tyre pressure

Thanks, anyone know what is the quickest way to discover which tyre presure is optimal, or which is too big or too low in general? (preferably without need to do many labs which is very slow and not precise method to discover optimal presure)
Quote from vitjano :Thanks, anyone know what is the quickest way to discover which tyre presure is optimal, or which is too big or too low in general? (preferably without need to do many labs which is very slow and not precise method to discover optimal presure)

Ok. When you want to find optimal pressure, with current tyre physics what you want is to have greenish- light blue tyres for optimal grip. tyre has 2 parts, core and outside layer. Added pic for you to have an idea, how tyres should look like with r3's on after few laps. So if you lets say, after 5 laps got blue/ dark blue color tyres- you got pressure too high. if tyre is all green, and outside gets close to red 115+ C, you need more pressure. I guess thats place to start.
Attached images
Screenshot_14.png

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG