The online racing simulator
Concrete grip for Drag Racing
(6 posts, started )
Hey guys.

I'm testing some layout editing, and make a Dragstrip with all the sectors: 60ft, 100m, 200m etc.
And i am just thinking: the concrete in LFS has more grip than asphalt? In real life, sure, that's the reason of all the dragstrips are made in this material.
But, in the game?

Thanks a lot. Sorry my bad english.
LFS object concrete is more slippery than normal track surface.
Drag strip surfaces vary with the drag strip. And depending how each lane was raced on overall, vary from each other as well. I'd love to see something done with the drag strip on LFS, but the all the physics coding involved for a 3 second race? I can see why it's not a big priority.
But still. A drag strip? You can get the nordi-track and just about any other assorted circles to race on with the other titles all day long. But a drag strip? That would be cool.
I did a half @ssed drawing of a modified UFR and posted it somewhere here a few years ago. It's definitely not something to brag about as much as to point out something I had in mind.
Yeah... A drag strip. Think Victor could come up with some '60s surf music stuff for the background?
The amount of grip is immaterial really, as the concrete surface grip will be exactly the same for everyone.

And as LFS doesn't simulate the road surface getting more grip as more rubber goes down, no one can gain a time advantage whether they're first to race or 100th.

Makes it fair for everyone Smile
Quote from sinanju :The amount of grip is immaterial really, as the concrete surface grip will be exactly the same for everyone.

And as LFS doesn't simulate the road surface getting more grip as more rubber goes down, no one can gain a time advantage whether they're first to race or 100th.

Makes it fair for everyone Smile

"Makes it fair for everyone"
Lane choice is part of the race. kinda like pole position
Professional drag strips are concrete for, I expect, durability but covered in TrackBite (ie glue) to enhance traction. It's partially how the cars can accelerate so crazy fast.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG