The online racing simulator
Day at the drags
(31 posts, started )
Day at the drags
Well I ran my SRT-4 at the track today, it was a hot hot day with no clouds to speak of to cool you down until at the very end of the day. We woke up at about 5AM and were on the road by 0530, we stipped at my Uncles to pick him and my cousin up with their Chevy S10 and Saturn, the S10 was carrying my uncles motorcycle he was going to race.

We made it to the track in one piece by 0830 and we were through tech inspection by 0900 and getting lined up to have a few practice sessions. My first run was wheelsin when I decided to go through the water pit instead of around it... I was left sitting at the line with smoke coming off my KDW tires before I grabbed second to stop the spinning....

The second time I didn't go through the water and I didn't do a burnout, when I pulled up to stage the staging guy said I should do a little one to get the gravel off my tires... anyways I line up and take off, this time I just dumped it and got a ton of wheelhop and tire spin. Back in the pits I stiffened up my front suspension, rear is already maxxed, and drop 5 pounds of pressure in the front tires ( I was at almost 40 pounds of pressure, a bit too high for drag racing...) I spent the next few runs testing out how to launch the car well, I had problem of not letting the slutch slip while launching and bogging my car down...

One of these runs I ran my fast time, which out of my 10 runs, I had 3 that were 3 hundreths of a second different =) I would have had more but 4 of my runs I bogged the engine down at the start. so basically 3 out of 6 and the other runs were still very respectable where I just plain had too much wheel spin.

Anyways onto the 3 hundreths part. I had a fast time of 13.77 at 101.2MPH another run I had was 13.79 and then another run I had 13.80 everything wen perfect on on these runs, with launching the car to shifting ( yes I did miss second once, not fun with over 1k people watching you =) There was one run I did that had the whole crowd cheering! I ran by myself, the announcer while I was getting ready told the crowd about my car, and that it was stock and I used it to drive to work every day. When I launched my car, tires howling just at the point of max traction, I grab second tires go screeching again, I grab third( I did not hear this, but the crowd did) and the tires screeched again from the hard shifts!!! and then hitting 4th I finished the run with a 13.8 and 101 MPH. My brother kept getting people saying that there was no way my car could have been stock for the times I was running, and that my car is AWD because of how hard it launches off the line, among other comments like that "your brother sure knows what he's doing" type of thing.

All in all I was happy with the day even though I lost in the first round of elimitantions( I didn't slide the clutch enough and I bogged the car down) The end result is that I know my car is in the mid/high 13's =)
#2 - DR3W
Sounds like alot of fun. I go to Gate Way Speed way with my brother some times, in hes B16 civic. They have Test and Tune on tuesday nights for street cars and its pretty kool. And once a month they have Midnight Madness, and its all night longwith drag racing and drifting setup in the parking lot.

Where did you go to drag at? Got pics of the SRT-4?
So... how exactly did you stiffen up the suspension without new springs? Also, you are aware that stiffer front springs will cause the front wheels to lose more traction on launch, right?
god i have not been drag racing for about 3 years

this is from the last time i was there

pretty much stock @ the time
97 wrx
cat back 3" system, K&N panel filter, 282bhp & 262lfbt @ 1.1 bar on the standard vf 22

i have did a shed loads of mods since then, full rebuild, vf23 @ 1.45bar, full decat, sti8 fuel pump, pulley wheels, ported headers, zerosports upipe, 7.5kg flywheel and group n clutch, but i have never ever been back to the strip (to scared in case i break it, one engine rebuild is enough for me + i am getting old )

http://img.photobucket.com/alb ... /Scooby_Pics/DSC00550.jpg
Sure =)

Forbin, srry I wasn't very specific. The ACR model of the the SRT-4 has tokico adjustable struts and I stiffened up the shock rate. the ACR also comes with BBS rims with 225 tires, stiffer front sway bar, and a badged seat.
I went dragging at Tri-state raceway in Iowa, nice strip =)

Yeah it costs alot of money to keep your car going in drag racing =(
Attached images
Chris's Car.JPG
#6 - DR3W
That is a sick srt-4. Them BBS's look realy nice on it.. Good clean car man!
Quote from DR3W :That is a sick srt-4. Them BBS's look realy nice on it.. Good clean car man!

Thanks!! =) Dodge did an awesome job making this car. fits 5 comfortably for long hauls, get 30 MPG, top speed 155, and I handle like a maita with the ACR package torque up the wazzu, I never have to shift going up hills in 5th, even with a car full of people and camping gear, I hit the strip or track and it will take out everything except vette's and viper's. I call dodge get the stage 3 kit(cost roughly 3-3500USD with a 130HP gain with 100 plus octane) and even those won't be safe from my pocket viper :headbang:
It's still FWD...
#9 - nutty
Hate to say it, but I agree with the above.

Still nothign wrong with getting your car out on the track, gl with it in the future
I do agree with you guys, but with the LSD I will walk away from everything but a vette and a viper in this car, unless you start talking about staged cars from like roush and stuff. Stock for stock the only cars out there faster really are the vette and the viper in the states.

I wanted RWD but I wasn't going to pay anextra 10k for it.

Vote for my car =)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-Timeslip-9091.html
I drag race in Rock falls wisconsin
Quote from Forbin :It's still FWD...

Heh, so is mine just look at my signature....seems to be doing pretty good for a FWD 4cyl
No, I have not gone there yet, I donno if I will now. I will be moving to the UK soon and I am packing up my car.

Nice car Dave =) BTW There are SRT-4's in the 7 seconds now in NHRA. Nice time, most people are running 11's after mods.
Yea, those 7 sec cars are cool but they aren't street legal. It's awsome that we are into the 10's now with street legal srt's. I remember last year when everyone was excited about people getting into the 11's and said that 10's would never be possible. I can't wait to see a street legal srt dip into the 9's. I don't care if it's a 9.99, lol..it'll still be a 9 second street legal srt-4.

BTW, those are some excellent times for a stock srt, especially on stock tires
Thanks =) There is more in the car though, I can get into the 6's I think I know for sure I can take off another 6 hundreths comparing my time slips. =)

I can't wait to see them in the 9's too, and people rave about VTEC, it's great if you only like peak power yeah =)

Quote from steve :I drag race in Rock falls wisconsin

I take it that is up north? =)
Quote from Viper93 :T

I take it that is up north? =)

not sure from where I am lol, buts its about 10-15 mins away from Eau Claire

bout a 7 hour drive from where I am to the track also, maybe a bit more.
Wow, sweet car i don't especially like the looks but the power is killer illepall
Here in my country we don't have drag strips, we don't have leagues, we race in separate events on airport runways, with no timers and no way of knowing what we did

Anyway, here's a vid just to show you what's going on... me in the winning car , first and only race, car's busted now.. ( timing belts jumped and the pistons hit the valves...imagine )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLR5dBSOfhE
nice work man but personaly i dont see a stock FWD doing 13.8's

as for stock cars beating ur time i can think of quite a few stock cars that run faster 1/4's
r32 r33 r34 GTR's
subru WRX STI's

but again very nice time for a FWD car
Quote from MAD3.0LT :nice work man but personaly i dont see a stock FWD doing 13.8's

as for stock cars beating ur time i can think of quite a few stock cars that run faster 1/4's
r32 r33 r34 GTR's
subru WRX STI's

but again very nice time for a FWD car

An 06 STI sure, all older STi's, run the exact same 1/4, same goes for the evo. In the US we cannot buy Skylines legally, they were banned for some reason. I think they are coming back next year though.

Believe it or not, I know it can do 13.7's stock and thats all that really matters, TY it is a good time and yes it is stock, C&D tested the car and they ran 13.8's.

Cirozel, Sorry to hear that, I did that to one of my old cars too, was not fun, rebuilt it though and it lasted another 50k miles.
yer here in aus they brang in a import rule on RX7's i think it was cause they where geting 700+ hp road worthy without problems the funny thing is if u know what ur doing u can get a car here with 1000+ RW HP road worthy

i allso checked the times the car is ment to run stock was a 14 flat i think so little tweeking timing fuel and tyre presures u could easly make the .2sec lol my friend removed his back seats and spair tyre advanced the timing gave him a extra .4 down the 1/4
Quote from Viper93 :I do agree with you guys, but with the LSD I will walk away from everything but a vette and a viper in this car, unless you start talking about staged cars from like roush and stuff. Stock for stock the only cars out there faster really are the vette and the viper in the states.

I wanted RWD but I wasn't going to pay anextra 10k for it.

Vote for my car =)

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-Timeslip-9091.html

03 cobra? mach 1 mustang? camaro SS/Z28? mk4 supra? all of those will walk a skittle. If you really want a 'full' list i'll type one up. Stop over-rating your Neon.
Quote from contourSVT :03 cobra? mach 1 mustang? camaro SS/Z28? mk4 supra? all of those will walk a skittle. If you really want a 'full' list i'll type one up. Stop over-rating your Neon.

The SS/Z28 has a chance but the regular Z28 is just as fast, then you start looking at handling and you might as well park them. My cousins 99Z28 handles like crap, with the axle rear end you come into any type of corner hard and that rear end will bounce out from underneath you, never mind trying to drive down the highway comfortably.

M/T did 1/4 with the mach1 at 13.8, with longer braking distance and lower slalom speed(125 feet, and 62 MPH)

The twin turbo version of the Supra run 13.1 so you got me there That one slipped my mind.

http://www.albeedigital.com/su ... e/articles/0-60times.html

Check for yourself how many there are, there aren't really that many. Then if you can find another one of those that are faster that you could buy for less than or even close to 25k I would be happy to know, that also has handling performance that is as good as the ST-4's, will even extend this to the Euro market where they actually sell cars that handle AND have power.

I'm not "over-rating" my so called "skittle" but the data and my driving shows that this car is fast. Which unless someone points it out to them they are not going to see it. The point I was trying to make was that this little car is as fast as any other other "sports" car out there.

I realize this had something to do with the driver but on Head to heads I ran against a Roush2 mustang and a 05vette I beat them both at the strip. They were less than happy, but with better drivers they really should have won.

I see people saying it's still FWD, unless you have driven a FWD with a LSD you really cannot talk, the LSD changes the handling by alot.
Quote from Viper93 :The SS/Z28 has a chance but the regular Z28 is just as fast, then you start looking at handling and you might as well park them. My cousins 99Z28 handles like crap, with the axle rear end you come into any type of corner hard and that rear end will bounce out from underneath you, never mind trying to drive down the highway comfortably.

M/T did 1/4 with the mach1 at 13.8, with longer braking distance and lower slalom speed(125 feet, and 62 MPH)

The twin turbo version of the Supra run 13.1 so you got me there That one slipped my mind.

http://www.albeedigital.com/su ... e/articles/0-60times.html

Check for yourself how many there are, there aren't really that many. Then if you can find another one of those that are faster that you could buy for less than or even close to 25k I would be happy to know, that also has handling performance that is as good as the ST-4's, will even extend this to the Euro market where they actually sell cars that handle AND have power.

I'm not "over-rating" my so called "skittle" but the data and my driving shows that this car is fast. Which unless someone points it out to them they are not going to see it. The point I was trying to make was that this little car is as fast as any other other "sports" car out there.

I realize this had something to do with the driver but on Head to heads I ran against a Roush2 mustang and a 05vette I beat them both at the strip. They were less than happy, but with better drivers they really should have won.

I see people saying it's still FWD, unless you have driven a FWD with a LSD you really cannot talk, the LSD changes the handling by alot.

That's great.. You can bench race

mag's have also got 13.0 in a 03/04 cobra yet they have the ablity to run a 12.5 BONE STOCK

Mach 1's will run 13.8 sure, with a bad driver and a auto. Decent driver and a 5 speed and you will see low 13's..

I really can't beleive you even posted that link. You do know that maybe 6 in that list are actually correct, right?
Most of them are pretty close, it's not 100% accurate sure. I could definatly see low 13's with a manual but not 12.5's a new SVT maybe. But then like I said before you looking at at least another 10 grand down for something. Downside though is the handling is still crap. You would have to go with a Euro or Japanese car to get any handling.
Quote from Viper93 :Most of them are pretty close, it's not 100% accurate sure. I could definatly see low 13's with a manual but not 12.5's a new SVT maybe. But then like I said before you looking at at least another 10 grand down for something. Downside though is the handling is still crap. You would have to go with a Euro or Japanese car to get any handling.

360-370whp with 3700lbs, do that math.

Day at the drags
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG