The online racing simulator
The mythical 75Hz ...
(9 posts, started )
The mythical 75Hz ...
Hello folks,
I would need some helps, as I guess I am becoming a bit old to catch everything ...
I will describe briefly my configuration, and I hope someone can explain me how is supposed to work the refresh rate at 75Hz on my damned screen.
So first of all, I have for my computer the following stuffs :
- win10 64b
- Geforce GTX 1070
- Monitor iiyama 25" ProLite XU2590HS-B1
I suppose the rest is useless to explain ... but I have nothing to hide if needed.

I remember having read max vertical frequency 75Hz for the monitor.

Suddenly (1 year and half after having bought it), I noticed that games I ran were only proposing me display modes with 60Hz ...

So ... where is this damned 75Hz ???

I then began to read on internet wtf was going one : hopefully I was not alone.

1- it seems we must install the screen, and not get the PnP one of Windows, done, but not sufficient.
2- it seems the use of a Display Port is mandatory : HDMI would not allow 75Hz to be available. I was doubtful, but anyway I bought a cable HDMI (screen is having only HDMI or VGA) to Display Port (8€) for ... the SAME RESULT ??

But by digging a little, I found Windows proposing me 75Hz, but with a "low" resolution (1440*900) ... what the hell is that ? is the graph board not able to handle the thing ? or the monitor ? should not the vendor explaining the max resolution for 75Hz if it is the case ?

If you have some ideas/explanations : you are welcome !
Attached images
screen&board.png
Was wondering about the same thing a while ago and found out that for my monitor 75hz is supported only in lower resolutions.

According to last page in manual, I'm afraid it's same case with your monitor.
Are you sure that is the correct monitor driver? The monitor model you list and the one in the screenshot are different.

Also, the user manual LakynVonLegendaus linked shows:

Supported max. resolution
VGA: 1920 x 1080 60Hz
DVI: 1920 x 1080 60Hz
HDMI: 1920 x 1080 60Hz
Quote from LakynVonLegendaus :...
According to last page in manual, I'm afraid it's same case with your monitor.

indeed ! Frown It is not written when you buy it Big grin
Quote from Forbin :Are you sure that is the correct monitor driver? The monitor model you list and the one in the screenshot are different.

Also, the user manual LakynVonLegendaus linked shows:

Supported max. resolution
VGA: 1920 x 1080 60Hz
DVI: 1920 x 1080 60Hz
HDMI: 1920 x 1080 60Hz

Yes, this is true. I corrected the drivers (I would have sweared I have looked for the correct model, but ended with a wrong one :S ... my bad, should have read after installing), but of course the result is the same.

Quote from Forbin :If you want to buy a monitor with a higher refresh rate, you have options:

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#p=1&H=85,240&sort=price&page=1

Check reviews here too:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews.htm

I got mine for 160€ ... I do not plan to invest more Tongue , but thanks for the links !
Anyway I am quite satisfied with it, no problem, but I was just willing to see if there are some noticeable differences or not when using 75Hz ... and so I am quite disappointed to not be able to do it like I wish I could :/

Thank you guys Wink
#6 - Racon
Quote from Flotch :I do not plan to invest more Tongue

I rarely get anything other than "wtf?" as a response to this suggestion, but there are still some bargain old CRTs out there as the last few people upgrade to flatscreens. If you like colours to stay the same when you move your head more than an inch, so much the better Wink
my iiyama is quite good, at least it is the best screen I have to deal with, so I plan to keep it ! This just about the feature I was supposing I should have ... and that is not the case Frown
#9 - Racon
As I'm sure you can imagine, the "you're talking about the old type, it's fixed now" argument is not new to a CRT enthusiast in a flatscreen world Big grin

Putting aside that cost-of-equivalence is a valid consideration, I've seen better and worse angle effects on different flatscreens, but I've never once seen no effect at all. I dare say most I come across are cheap and therefor using the lower tech, but I doubt all of them are. The linked page says IPS is the best tech for viewing angles, but not that it doesn't suffer from the problem.

Maybe next time I'm passing a large computer shop I should go see where the top of the line is at, to get a more accurate snapshot... and pricing ammunition Wink

The mythical 75Hz ...
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG