The online racing simulator
Gear.Club Unlimited 2
(13 posts, started )
#1 - nacim
Gear.Club Unlimited 2
Hey everyone! Smile

Today we announced Gear.Club Unlimited 2, the game I've been working on almost exclusively since I started working. I feel proud and wanted to share it, so here is the trailer:

As you might have guested for those who know me here, I'm working as a graphics programmer. Smile

What are your thoughts and hopes ? Smile
The cars are beautiful Thumbs up

I read 3000km of roads ? wow ... that is some job to do !!
#3 - nacim
Thanks, I really put effort on the cars shading, in collaboration with car artists. Sadly its the marketing team that messed up this part, there is only 300km. :/
But I can confirm there is still a lot of road to enjoy Smile
Big grin 300km is already quite huge, with very different environments. (a note when there is the sequence with Palm trees at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck_kWIiyKy0#t=16s the Porsche is looking awsome but the trees, road, ... let's say the general environment is not looking that good ... that is a subjective point of view)

I guess it is not simulation related, but anyway it looks like very sweet !
#5 - nacim
Quote from Flotch :let's say the general environment is not looking that good

Well, the trailer makes it really blurry (motion blur + youtube compression), but personally, this environnement is in my top 2, wait for some gameplay footage and you'll see Wink

Quote from Flotch :I guess it is not simulation related, but anyway it looks like very sweet !

Well, let's say it's way less arcade than the first one imo, car can oversteer (and do massive drift with some cars) and understeer, you can do scandinavian flick or other weight transfer related stuff, and I personnally find it pretty enjoyable. Thumbs up
#6 - BeNoM
Do you work for Microïds or Eden Games?

If Eden Games, would you have any idea if Bigben has decided to do anything with TDU 3 after the acquisition?
#7 - nacim
I work at Eden Games. Wink
I really don't know what's the plan for the TDU franchise, but I personally don't think they'll do anything other than sell it when they become short on cash. Maybe we could buy it back, it would be cool Smile
But hey, it's not because we don't have the licence that we can't do games with the same prestige. Thumbs up

BTW, I want to precise that I speak for myself, I'm in no way representing the studio when I talk.
Do you know why I am actually bored of all kind of these racing games?

( Almost ) every game focuses on sport/super/hyper/race cars, and not so much on "standard" vehicles. Don't get me wrong tho, as overall game may be a constant satisfaction... just causes plausible boredom of brand new racing machines Tongue
this is simply because most of the people are interested only in driving a very fast car and see the top speed on a straight line Big grin
Doing a racing game featuring Dacia Sandero with 1.5dci and have the sportiest car a Laguna 1.9dci is not going to have plenty of people interested Big grin Big grin
Only the true simracers will know how pleasant it is to take an XF GTi or XR GT around a WestHill reverse configuration Big grin Thumbs up
I agree with you, but Flotch resumed it pretty well. People want fast cliché cars, not iconic hatchbacks and sportives. Shrug

If it was my choice, we would already have Skyline R32 and R34, Supra RX-7, BMW E30, Lancia Delta Integrale, Golf Mk II, Honda Civic EK9, S2000 MX-5 NA/NB and all that good stuff just to name a few. Who knows, maybe one day Thumbs up
Wow you went that far, for a first project it's really well done, bravo. Thumbs up

Do you think working for weak (like the switch) is platform less/more enjoyable than pc/psx/xbox exclusive projects ? or graphics fidelity make working on those platform more demanding ?
Quote from lfsrm :Wow you went that far, for a first project it's really well done, bravo. Thumbs up

Thanks mate, well I really invested myself on the project, even on thing that were not my job (car physics mostly) Smile

Quote from lfsrm :Do you think working for weak (like the switch) is platform less/more enjoyable than pc/psx/xbox exclusive projects ? or graphics fidelity make working on those platform more demanding ?

Well, it's a bit of both I'd say. I didn't have the opportunity to work on PS4/Xbox One on a real project like that, but I think for my domain (graphics programming), it's more interesting because you can do much more shiny stuff and still optimise to try and cram as much effects as possible. For gameplay and physics too, as Game Designer gets really frustrated when constrained by "low" technical ressources. But for artists, even if they have more freedom, there is also much more work because of the players expectation.
Working on the Switch or mobile is also interesting, because you feel prouder when you see what you're pushing on such limited device. I have to say I'm pretty satisfied on how the game look, especially when playing in portable mode. Thumbs up

Doing a racing game on PS4/Xbox One as we are right now would be a real challenge, because the competition is way stiffer.

Gear.Club Unlimited 2
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG