The online racing simulator
#1 - nacim
I made something cool! 2nd screen spectator view
Hey everyone,

I just received my need 1440p monitor, and I tried fiddling with it a bit. I tried LFS multi screen with my (now secondary) 1080p screen, but since LFS locks itself to the lowest refresh rate of both screen and doesn't have something for screen with multiple sizes, it wasn't gonna cut it.
So I used my second screen as a spectator view, so that my siblings can watch me play with a better view while I can play at 100Hz on the main screen. To do that, I had to launch a second instance of LFS, set it in windowed mode, and create and connect to a local server (since you can connect multiple times with the same account in local mode). It's really cool but as it's a local server, you can't go play online, and the camera is only focused on one player.

What do you think of it? And like me, would you like to see something integrated inside LFS? If so, would you use it on your second display?
I think it would be cool for SimulatorRental.com too, a proper spectator view and using the same LFS instance.

Attached images
2nd_screen_spectator.jpg
2nd_screen_spectator_2.jpg
2nd_screen_spectator_3.jpg
Enjoy your new monitor Smile!

Your idea will definitely be of use to Double/Triple monitor setups.
#3 - nacim
Quote from racerss :Enjoy your new monitor Smile!

Your idea will definitely be of use to Double/Triple monitor setups.

I definitly will, 1440p 144Hz is glorious Omg omg omg (when my GPU can keep up Big grin, Freesync is really helpful for that)
What if I tell you there is even a better* method.

On the spectator monitor, instead of joining a server, open temp.spr/temp.mpr file. This way you can play online, rewatch an action, etc.

*: this method has a few seconds delay, as the replay has to be saved to disk.

I made something cool! 2nd screen spectator view
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG