The online racing simulator
(Yet Another) Pit Exploit
(6 posts, started )
Imagine you've managed to limp back to the pits in your extremely damaged car, maybe you decide you're going to change the tyres as well because they've got flatsports. You pull in to the pit land and stop in your box, the pit timer comes up, but after a couple of seconds somebody else pulls in to the pits and taps you very gently. The pit timer disappears and you get knocked forwards. But wait, this can't be....your car was repaired, and you're rolling on brand new tyres.

That's right, Sparky! If you're halfway through a pit stop and somebody taps you, you get knocked out of the box with a perfectly good car, talk about fast pit stops!

Anyone who has pitted with a damaged car will have noticed the "bump" when the stop starts and your car is repaired, it would make sense for the devs to move this to the END of the stop, so people couldn't make use of this exploit.

I don't think this works with fuel, because fuel isn't added until just before you pull away. I may be wrong, anyone care to test?
Dunno about fuel, but this has come up before somewhere (in relation to it happening in a league I think).

I think it would be much better if the repairs were fixed properly over time instead of instantly. Also, once I've pitted but not left the box completely I'd like the possibility of the pit stop continuing.

E.g. If I get tapped before the pit is over but I haven't left the pit area, I could resume the pit stop instead of having to drive another full lap even though it would be possible to pit "again".
Repairing the car over time is difficult because of network packet info, resetting the car is a single packet, but doing repairs gradually is a lot of network traffic (and coding) for something that would rarely ever be seen. It should ideally be at the end of the stop though - after the actual repairs are complete.
Had this happen to me in a league race. Except I only stopped to add fuel. Got tapped before I'd taken on enough and couldn't finish the stop without completing another lap. I was rather annoyed....
#5 - shim
would be nice to be able to re-pit if someone taps ya.. +1 to that
Quote :...resetting the car is a single packet...

Then why not just have it reset at the end of the alotted pit time instead of the beginning, so if you are bumped out before time, your repairs/refuel is invalid?

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG