The online racing simulator
Help wanted to trackdown possible Lapper bug (or issue in one of my scripts)
There's one bug/problem I am not able to find/solve and since the team I am running servers for, is only racing once a week (which is the only moment the server has enough people connected to be able to test things, but it's really the right moment as races are about to start then), I am reaching out to the community to come and help me out.

If you are available this afternoon, please read on and if you are willing to help, react to this topic.

Test server: AB.nl[TST]
Test time: 17:00 CET / 16:00 UTC
People needed: 10 or a bit more

If you are willing to help, give a reaction and be here this afternoon at the given time.
I will then communicate the password and will ask people to join the server one by one (that is REALLY important as I believe the problem only occurs when the number of connected people goes above a certain number).

To be clear, no racing has to be done, I only need people to be connected.

I hope enough people are willing to dedicate a little of their time to help me out to try and find/solve this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Will try to join there
Maybe just remove password so people can jump in
I want them to jump in, but one by one as I need to do some debugging after every join
i'm in
Since there doesn't seem to be a huge crowed coming at once, the password is: test1234
Right, I got the data I needed.
Thanks to all who helped me out to get it.
Highly appreaciated.
I think the crackers you helped will be glad to assist you.
Skinzinho, I think these continual sarcastic comments create an unpleasant atmosphere without bringing any benefit. As you have made the same point over and over again, there isn't any need to say the same thing again. Please could you stop it?
Test server is open again to get 11 or more people connected at once.

Password: 1234test
Mode: Demo

Come and join please, to get 11 or more people and check if a problem in Lapper is fixed or not.
Thanks to all willing to help us out.

*edit*

Test ended (and failed), back to the drawingboard tomorrow.
Not sure if this is helpful:
When I tried scripting lapper 1 or years ago, I found arrays behaved in real strange ways.
From memory:

fill an array with values:
$array[1]=1;
$array[2]=2;
$array[3]=3;

now a variable:
$test = 4;

so far so good.
put the variable into array:
$array[2]=test;

the array would now lose its previous entries..

I did a rewrite of the code (skipping the failing WHILE-loop and moved to a FOR-loop instead) and hoped to have cracked the problem once and for all now.
Again this needs to be tested, so I am calling out to the community once more.

Mode: Demo
Test time: 17:30 CET / 16:30 UTC

I will add the password to this message when starttime of this test is near.
Hopefully some people are willing to help me out (again).
Thanks in advance.
i will join your testsession
Not to be pessimistic, but I'm sure using FOR instead of WHILE doesn't fix the issue (I assume you are talking about .LPR script). Tried that years ago. But who knows, maybe I messed something.

Will try to be there.
Password is set to: 123try
Test has finished and initial problem is solved (well, the real problem isn't solved, but the consequences it had, are solved for my script).
Thanks to all who participated and dedicated some of their time to help me, highly appreciate that.
Not sure if you know, all packets are send in multiplayer replays like on real server, might be easier to debug on MPR Smile
Quote from K0Z3L_43V3R :Not sure if you know, all packets are send in multiplayer replays like on real server, might be easier to debug on MPR Smile

Didn't know that, but that sure could be a big help.
Thanks for sharing this information Thumbs up
Quote from K0Z3L_43V3R :Not sure if you know, all packets are send in multiplayer replays like on real server, might be easier to debug on MPR Smile

Wow, there's always something to learn about LFS Big grin

That will make my life much easier, thanks Wink
Quote from Skinzinho :I think the crackers you helped will be glad to assist you.

It's not like you were never a cracker...

Help wanted to trackdown possible Lapper bug (or issue in one of my scripts)
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG