The online racing simulator
Which wheel should I buy?
(13 posts, started )
After years of driving with mouse I decided I would finally give wheel a try.

Price range should be within 200-300eur. Logitech G29 impressed me the most from what I've seen so far. Does anyone have experience with it in LFS? Is it fully compatible with LFS or are there any problems I should be aware of?
I own at G27, from what i have heard the G29 is a reskinned version of it. I know quite a few people with Thrustmaster T300s and they all say they are great, it looks like it is at the top end of your budget but deffo better than a G29 for the price.
G27 here too. Been playing with it for cca 5 years with a 340mm wheel mounted on it with no problem.. until I made a silly decision to increase the FFB strenght above 70% (100% in profiler / 70% - 100% in-game) not knowing the most important part - main gear housing is made from plastic. Obviously it didn't take too long and the housing broke.

Potentiometers in pedals do get dirty and it can start "waving" up and down after some time but you just clean that up and it's like new (I recommend cleaning it with a contact cleaner - it lasts significantly longer).

Long story short: For the price it's an amazing wheel and works great with LFS. I think the only thing that doesn't work in LFS is it's LED lights but that can be fixed with apps like FanaLEDs. It's not a very strong wheel but for that price I doubt you can get anything better.

Edit: Hmm, looking at this video - T300RS does actually seem to be "stronger". I first overlooked it cos I thought a wheel with 2 pedals cannot be any good Big grin but it can actually be bought with T3PA pedals (3 pedals). So there might be a better wheel for the same price after all, but I can't really judge that since I never had T300 in hands.
#4 - lucaf
I have G920, wich in my understanding is the XBOX version of G29.

Its my first wheel (If we dont count one Microsoft wheel 7 years ago) and I love this. Maybe I love this because I payed somewhat 50% of the market price and the wheel was like new.

I have heard this is not better than G27. Because of higher price and less serious layout (more colorful buttons, like a toy versus G27 wich looks like more a serious wheel), this has not been praised as G27. Anyway this is very good in hand, and very precise steering and the pedal are made of metal and they are robust and big enough.

If you use this instead of G27, you may want to search youtube for the brake pedal fix.

edit: people were telling me that it will take weeks for learning wheel after mouse. I was doing new pb's after 1 or 2 weeks. I didn't expect how much more joyful its to drive with this than mouse. I learn much faster tracks, so much more easy to find apex of curves, I go easily faster on any combo than I did with mouse.

Im happy you plan to buy a wheel, and at the same time I am scared how fast you will be then.
Quote from lucaf :edit: people were telling me that it will take weeks for learning wheel after mouse. I was doing new pb's after 1 or 2 weeks. I didn't expect how much more joyful its to drive with this than mouse. I learn much faster tracks, so much more easy to find apex of curves, I go easily faster on any combo than I did with mouse.

I remember when I first tried mouse after years with wheel (once it was broken beyond repair), it felt like writing with left hand. It also took me few weeks to get it under control and I eventually became even faster.

Quote from lucaf :Im happy you plan to buy a wheel, and at the same time I am scared how fast you will be then.

As always, you are too kind. I honestly don't know what pace to expect with cars I am comfortable with (GTI), but I am sure it will be easier for me to be more confident in formula.
I was on a budget of £50 (56 EUR approx) and I bought a DFGT, been decent.
I'd say the TMX for begginers.
Thrustmaster has a new wheel for PC/PS4 that should have been made available today. It is $800 though... no shifter included. Give it 6 months to a year and the price should drop 50%.
Bought last week a Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback for 190 Swiss Francs = 165 Euros. Good for beginners and been great for me for a good price!
Where i can get g 27 for best money. I'm from Croatia-europe
I use an original Logitech Driving Force (2001)

Wouldn't recommend it for a more serious racer, but if you're in the same place i was in (wanted to just get started with a wheel) it's great! They are quite cheap these days and have a strong force feedback.
-
(GT4_PL) DELETED by Scawen : Comparing quality of hardware to a disease. Please keep it nice, there are enough words in English

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG