The online racing simulator
A little help for Monetary Use of LFS - Instant First Gear & 2-Button Spectate
This is not high priority, but if there is ever a chance to slide it into one of the future versions.

As some already know in my other threads I talk about using LFS commercially, in a pay to play environment.

It is difficult to teach everyone that they need to shift up once, to get the car moving, after a reset, and race start..

I would like to see an on/off type toggle option for "instant first gear".

When OFF, it would just act as it does now...

When ON, the car would already be in 1st gear, with the parking brake on, when it re-spawns, and at start of race.

So a newbie can just get in and hit the gas pedal, and it shifts into first for them.
Too many people to not listen... I spend a lot of time reminding people to "shift up" when their car is not moving... even though I just told them 6 times a minute ago.

Overall this is actually the most difficult part of doing events with LFS and Newbies. The rest of the software, including its compatibility with running multiple instances on ONE pc, is working out great so far.

I use one button on my wheel as a SPECTATE button, so when a player gets up and leaves during a race I can quickly press it and kick that car out of the game, so it is not sitting dead on the track. On the Logitech G29, I use the red wheel dial, as not everyone realizes this rotates at first. So those that mash any and all buttons are less likely to press it, however it still happens, when people suicide-knob the wheel and bump it and accidently turn it, and kick themselves out.

I would like to be able to press 2 buttons together, to get the same function. So it is more difficult to press. Programing one as /press Shift, and one as /press S, does not work together.

To those that are about to type about using the mouse/keyboard, keep in mind I use 1 keyboard for all 8 player screens in my mobile trailer. see: VirtualRaceways.com
As far as I could do some implements for my own, instead of doing with hardcore/insim, Simply used some macros by 3rd party software, along with Corsair's own software. Basically what I would do is simply record for example my whole driving in LFS, and after while, I simply save it and bind it on any button and once time comes, I press that button and "tada", car works itself 99,999% of time.

Theoretically possible to use this on multiplayer, but due several changes, as such as different start position for each race for example, it won't be practical.

Only thing I still do not get it once I go on Shift+U Mode, none of the actual recorded macro buttons works at all. Still no answer of it.

On topic
Off topic

EDIT: But of course, it would be better and easier simply doing an insim script, which forces to put first gear instantly after car is reseted.

But if that is not possible, then having software which supports ALL functional buttons and records the "space" button or any other button/key, which is car reset at default, binded with space + shift up button
/press space
/press s
/press x
Do not seem to work in .lfs file scripts.

Or I would program the reset button to run a script with:
/press space
/press s

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG