The online racing simulator
Drag racing. No the REAL kind.
Yeah. had to throw that in. When we finally got cable TV, I clicked onto some show called Rupaul's Drag Race...Don't do that thinking you're going to see top fuel...
Getting to the point, is anything at all being considered about the drag strip? This game could really use that. A lot of people I've shown this game to over the years liked it. At least the initial concept of it.
It is kinda sad to brag about the drag strip and well just having regular cars. Now I know The drag strip was pretty much a cool way for you to mess with setups, and you can have decent races with it.
But something geared for it would be cool. It really would.
But...how? I've been thinking about that off and on lately. I don't mean the coding and the physics, I'm pretty sure that part could be figured out - eventually. But how could you make a series LFS drag racers, and make them interesting? You'd have to come up with variants on intake and exhausts. Tires would probably be a nightmare to figure out. Not only wind would be a big factor, but so would temperature. Track conditions changing from race to race. How to determine when something fails. And all sorts of other things I hadn't thought of either. Well on top of all that, you have users making set ups and all the things they have to take into account. It couldn't be just slapping a bunch of chrome deals on your car to make it go fast. Components would have to have pluses and minuses as well as have an overall effect with the rest of the engine. I don't think you could get away with just having sliders for making set ups. Maybe something with an interactive graph that shows the simultaneous effects to the car when velocity stacks and two four barrels are used instead of a fuel injector and then decide to change the piston stroke or something. Then there's things like downforce generated by exhaust angle. Setting up a decent drag car would be pretty intense. I don't think things like sharing set ups would happen as much with drag racers in LFS. With drag racing, making a decent setup will be that much more a key element in winning races. Plus, I imagine all the varying factors with the races themselves would only allow for basic setups to be passed around.
LOL making different tracks should be pretty easy though. I like drag racing myself. It's the purest form of auto racing. Circuit racing? C'mon. We're traveling around in a circle going nowhere fast. Plus, if you're car breaks down, you still have some sort of chance at winning. In drag racing? Your car breaks, that's it. It's primal. It's who can get from point A to point B the fastest plain and simple. That is til you think of how it would work in LFS.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG