The online racing simulator
Slick Mod
(43 posts, started )
i only need the slickmod to get a decent rallycross car....the fxr .

the lx6 with slicks is stunning. soooo, i agree .

setting up a slickmod server isn't that difficult though (i think).
one thing i like to add, if we have slicks on "road cars", this slicks have to add more stress to the suspension, if u really push the car to the limit, more stress will slowly damage the suspension.
I want to refresh the thread because this is a worthwhile issue to review.

IMHO, we should have slick tyre option for all cars, even for real road cars. Moreover it's hard to define which car is the road car. (LX6, RB4, FXO, XRT, RAC, and FZ5 all have strong engine power; high speed capacity and etc.)

We push all cars to their limits via different setups. With the absence of slick tyre option we can't reach these limits totally. The slick tyres give cars the strongest grip except for wet tarmack surface condition. (Nowadays, no rain drops in the sky of LFS. )

I'm respectful to different opinions and want to know your thoughts.

Here you are some screens..
Attached images
UF1.jpg
XFG.jpg
XRG.jpg
XRT.jpg
LX4.jpg
LX6.jpg
FXO.jpg
RAC.jpg
RB4.jpg
FZ5.jpg
you guys are so bad in driving whit normal tyres so you need slicks ? ^^
Why does they aways need to be a funny guy?
Quote from Marco1 :you guys are so bad in driving whit normal tyres so you need slicks ? ^^

This is a meaningless assumption rather than a question. Please read carefully: Normal tyres for driving, race tyres for racing...

Quote from gaz328 :Why does they aways need to be a funny guy?

Why don't you study grammar and spelling before building up sentence?
#32 - Woz
I am with a few others here, lock down the road cars so that they are road cars. I like the idea of the new VW because of this.

Racing in them will be improved a load. Driver skill only and each car feeling different.

Too many sets make too many cars feel the same. That sort of LFS feel because that config is the fastest setup.
#33 - senn
i wish all tyres were available on all cars. As long as it was controllable by the server as a game restriction (ie street tyres only etc) i don't see the issue.
tyres are one of the things u can change on ANY car (unless u have some weird size that doesn't have anything available, mini or something where u have to use wheelbarrow tyres :P)
Quote from ADX.14 :I want to refresh the thread because this is a worthwhile issue to review.

IMHO, we should have slick tyre option for all cars, even for real road cars. Moreover it's hard to define which car is the road car. (LX6, RB4, FXO, XRT, RAC, and FZ5 all have strong engine power; high speed capacity and etc.)

We push all cars to their limits via different setups. With the absence of slick tyre option we can't reach these limits totally. The slick tyres give cars the strongest grip except for wet tarmack surface condition. (Nowadays, no rain drops in the sky of LFS. )

I'm respectful to different opinions and want to know your thoughts.

Here you are some screens..

Getting OT but thanks for including my skin there (Celica).

Quote from senn :i wish all tyres were available on all cars. As long as it was controllable by the server as a game restriction (ie street tyres only etc) i don't see the issue.
tyres are one of the things u can change on ANY car (unless u have some weird size that doesn't have anything available, mini or something where u have to use wheelbarrow tyres :P)

And on topic, yes this could be nice. I have tested the road cars with slicks and they are great fun with them.
Quote from BigPeBe :Getting OT but thanks for including my skin there (Celica).

And on topic, yes this could be nice. I have tested the road cars with slicks and they are great fun with them.

Indeed, I thank you for sharing this great skin as a public release. And secondly, at least there is one driver who can interprete the differences between two types of tyres in real conditions.
Hmmm I'm not actually 100% sure what you meant there but I was saying that I have tested road cars with slicks in LFS. It makes them like completely different cars and they are really enjoyable with them.
Quote from BigPeBe :Hmmm I'm not actually 100% sure what you meant there but I was saying that I have tested road cars with slicks in LFS. It makes them like completely different cars and they are really enjoyable with them.

My misunderstanding..
Yeah no problem. Sorry if I disappointed you.
Quote from BigPeBe :Yeah no problem. Sorry if I disappointed you.

No disappointment, except for unreleasing more public skins..
Have you tried rallycross with FXR? We had modified server and this race was great.
FXR is great rally car.
Even on slicks.
Im not sure, but wouldnt the tires cool down on cars like the XFG/XRG in reality?
i think you would have to use a super soft compound or a semi-slick to keep them at optimal temp.
Quote from Woyta :Have you tried rallycross with FXR? We had modified server and this race was great.
FXR is great rally car.
Even on slicks.

Hi Woyta,

Sorry for very late reply, because of house moving issue.. My principle is no attending servers without a steering wheel. For fun, it's possible in the future..

My regards..

Slick Mod
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG