The online racing simulator
#1 - tade
Came back after years, very few server available
I haven't played the game in at least 5-7 years. I've got an S2 license. Thought I'd revisit. I can see they have released S3. I tried to play online and there's only a bunch of servers (like 15-20 at most), almost all of which are just random cruise servers, there are no races at all. I suspect everyone has migrated to S3 servers and these are not visible to me. Is this true? Just how many non-cruise and non-empty servers are there every night?

If this is the case then I will have to pay 9 GBP to upgrade from S2 to S3.
at the moment the most used for racing seems to be demo servers but i have noticed that once i have joined one of our empty servers with a team mate or two its not long til more arrive.
It could be a case of no-one likes to be the first person(s) on an empty server

good luck

MRc bish
Unless you have an all-consuming desire to drive at Rockingham, there isn't a lot of incentive to upgrade to S3 at this time. Most S3 purchases have been on the basis that there is more content on the way.

Sadly, upgrading your license isn't going to fix the lack of racing servers. B2R has some excellent S2 open competition on weekends, and there are still a number of teams running their own events (some of these may be hidden from the public server list).

Of course, there's always plenty happening on the demo servers Big grin
Quote from tade : I suspect everyone has migrated to S3 servers and these are not visible to me. Is this true?

No

You can see beyond your license anyway. S1 can see S2 servers for example or demo can see licensed. You just cannot join.

The reason you don't see servers what you are interested in, is, because they do not exist / are alive.
Think u didn't check empty servers (there are almost more S2 servers then players)
#6 - tade
Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if there were any other servers that weren't visible to me because of my license. It's true that I'd enabled the no-empty-servers filter so I was missing those. And yes, there seem to be more empty servers than players.

Obviously an empty server on a weekend is good for nothing, so I now verified the game sadly looks nothing like it did when I was last playing several years ago (when there were plenty of public servers eg. running FOX practice and random races). At least I saved my 9 GBP as I don't need to upgrade to S3 now. Hopefully someday this game will bounce back, because to me it seems like it's nearly dead at the moment. Frown
Ye.. Same old story.. Gets tired also to listen to this. You are part of the problem anyway, 5 - 7 years away and then like "oh hello, how its going? Oh it's not the same as before what happened ???" .. Dude...
#9 - tade
Quote from cargame.nl :Ye.. Same old story.. Gets tired also to listen to this. You are part of the problem anyway, 5 - 7 years away and then like "oh hello, how its going? Oh it's not the same as before what happened ???" .. Dude...

I am sorry. Apparently it's partly because of me that the game is effectively dead, hasn't seen a major upgrade in like 8 years and each minor update (released twice per year perhaps) is just 1/10th of a typical Assetto Corsa or Automobilista update.

Really sorry. Next time I'll make sure I come back here more often, who knows, we may actually see servers full of people like back in 2007.
Quote from englishlord : That part of the game isn't dead.

It is

Quote from tade :it's partly because of me that the game is effectively dead,

Eeehh yes?

These topics are kinda retarded.. "Hello I didnt had any interest the last 7 years but what happened?" ... Stupid questions.
Quote from cargame.nl :It is

No,it's not - dead is when nothing at all happens. There are still some enthusiasts,who still race in events and few ones organizing them. Of course,no new ones will ever come if they read in forums statements like yours that everything is dead. I know you have done a lot for LFS years ago,but recently your attitude is counterproductive. If you don't want to do anything with LFS anymore,that's fine,it's everyone's free choise,but at least don't kill the last interest of few forum visitors searching for some activity.
[quote="cargame.nl;1925791"]It is

/quote]

You're that shitty child that doesn't want to play any more and sticks around to try and ruin it for others. Just go.
u9ijo0 sda9uio0p fds9uo0ip fs9uoioi fasd fd9io,ksdf

Always discussions and arguments about is it game dead or not.

"Being a computer software and not a living organism, I pretty assume LFS was never alive"
Quote from Eclipsed :No,it's not - dead is when nothing at all happens. There are still some enthusiasts,who still race in events and few ones organizing them. Of course,no new ones will ever come if they read in forums statements like yours that everything is dead. I know you have done a lot for LFS years ago,but recently your attitude is counterproductive. If you don't want to do anything with LFS anymore,that's fine,it's everyone's free choise,but at least don't kill the last interest of few forum visitors searching for some activity.

Where do you get this information from? Just from two words? Very talented!

You are doing assumptions, this is pretty bad behavior. I simply say "it is" which is a realistic opinion (I am not living in some dreamy fantasy world like some here). Besides it is my opinion and this forum is about sharing opinions. Live with it.
Quote from cargame.nl :Where do you get this information from? Just from two words? Very talented!

You are doing assumptions, this is pretty bad behavior. I simply say "it is" which is a realistic opinion (I am not living in some dreamy fantasy world like some here). Besides it is my opinion and this forum is about sharing opinions. Live with it.

hi cargame

s2+s3 servers il agree are pretty much dead but that seems due to people not wanting to be the first on an empty server to start populating one but yes even then its only one server that will be populated and not many, demo servers are far from dead with fbm and gti being full at certain times of the day
You are a smart guy and know that statements stating it is dead will be damaging the userbase more than the lack of updates is when it comes to new racers or potential racers see them
cargame.nl is still disappointed that when his server closed, players went to different server Shrug
Why people trying to constantly say what "I think" ? I can do that myself more then perfectly when needed, this is commonly known after all these years or what.

Servers are closed because not interesting enough anymore to burn time on, I am not disappointed about any people which are driving..

But my "it is" was not about casual racing.. Is it difficult for you all here to not get sidetracked? The 10 people which are left with league racing are easily butt hurt by facing reality, I repeat it again; "it is".

Last time I repeat myself in this "discussion", I see a Scawen-lock coming up.
Quote :I can do that myself more then perfectly when needed

but it was never 'needed', that is the problem. since years your whining has always been the same.
you often act as if you are the only one enlightend to 'see reality' or so but in reality nothing what you constantly repost is really new to anyone, it is simply not constructive and annoying to always read the same mimimimi.
To be fair, I have had the same experience as OP. Got disappointed and went back to my previous addiction. They have carts there, albeit uncomparable with LFS, but fun nonetheless. I'll keep an eye out for some improvement here though!

In the meantime, play nice kids!
Quote from Gutholz :to always read

Then don't read, a lot of postings on this forum I also don't like, if I need to whine about every one of them then it's a lot of whining.

We have the same rights here, you are not allowed to tell what I must do or not do here. Besides, if you read back in this topic my messages are completely normal and neutral. You and some others here like to read with different glasses, it's not my problem.
Quote from cargame.nl :Then don't read, a lot of postings on this forum I also don't like, if I need to whine about every one of them then it's a lot of whining.

We have the same rights here, you are not allowed to tell what I must do or not do here. Besides, if you read back in this topic my messages are completely normal and neutral. You and some others here like to read with different glasses, it's not my problem.

Someone came on here asking a genuine question and you called it retarded. What use is it you being on here, you don't race online, you don't host any more, you don't contribute anything of value, you just snipe at others who still enjoy the game. Go away and find something else to do for everyone's sake, including your own.

and that is while racing on a server that has a personal best time lock restriction on and most encounters are from 27 hours to over 100+ hours racing with them and are not a barrage of new accounts so people do still race regardless
Quote from Eclipsed :
To me it looks like spreading negativity here,

Realism. "it is" ... It is not a negative word, is is not a negative word. Game and dead however are, that part of the game implies that almost everything is dead. So, who is actually spreading negativity here? Wink

Use the correct glasses. Oh and by the way, I am ignoring some people here Razz
Quote from cargame.nl :Realism. "it is" ... It is not a negative word, is is not a negative word. Game and dead however are, that part of the game implies that almost everything is dead. So, who is actually spreading negativity here? Wink

Use the correct glasses. Oh and by the way, I am ignoring some people here Razz

OK my humble apology i had assumed it was one of "lfs" was dead rants and not on about league racing in general. Still i would say that only telling others that a certain part of lfs is dead can only cause more damage unless its is also said that on the public servers there are a few which are far from dead at the moment(which a big majority want is to just race when they wish)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG