The online racing simulator
CVT transmission [checking interest]
(18 posts, started , go to first unread)
Hey,
There's something I have been working on, however, I have not yet decided whether I want to make it into a usable modification - I want to know whether anyone would be interested in such mod,
or not.

What I have made is a transmission modification that simulates a CVT, in 2 modes: economical, where RPM is limited to efficiency sweet-spot, around 3k RPM for various cars - perfect for cruising, and sport, where RPM is held at maximum power if you floor the throttle. Those modes can be switched with a hotkey.

Here's a video that quickly demonstrates how it works: https://streamable.com/do6e5

So, any interest in something like this? :Р
#2 - BeNoM
Grr I'm dumb
Fixed, thanks :ь
Looks good. There are a few questions in my head:

1º- Will it burn your clutch when using automatic transmission/automatic clutch? Specially in efficiency mode ~3k RPM (in my case I use sequential+manual clutch)

2º- Will it be safe to use it online? I think this question will be a FAQ.

Im interested on it tbh. There was a "mod" like this time ago( https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/55636-Automatic-Transmission-Simulator-(v5-6b) ) but it isn't CVT iirc and didn't get updated anymore afaik.
1) the clutch in it's traditional sense is gone - ie, it is permanently engaged. Therefore, there is no wear to it whatsoever.

2) I'm afraid not in the current state - a lot of memory editing happens to implement it in a way I did it, which will likely trigger a CPW ban.
cvt or any kind of STALL converter sim would be a huge step!
Was thinking about it earlier and thought to search on this in LFS. You made a pretty good implementation of a CVT as seen from your demo. Are you intending to release this in the future?

One improvement I can think of is truly infinite gear ratios so it can work at any RPM. Keep this work going!
#8 - 1117
Hi, I am bery interested in this, been finding the way how to implement cvt in lfs for a long time.

Do you mind share with me how you do this?
This would be interesting!
Definitely interested
That's a shame... Would have been pretty awesome to use as a basis for other mod types...
Execution seems great but the car seems to accelerate much slower than normal when I'd expect a small advantage.
Quote from Bob Smith :Execution seems great but the car seems to accelerate much slower than normal when I'd expect a small advantage.

how do you figure that
Attached images
a0c138e01522529e81a423021769d0e1.png
3c3bd89195fc50c45e5094304b477fec.png
Those figures look good. Perhaps it's not full throttle in the video, as it takes 10 seconds to reach 60km/h and 19 seconds to reach 100km/h. Am sure it's not normally that slow.
what?Big grin
Attached images
b1.png
b2.png
Quote from scania :I found it in youtube but the download link is 404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBH5SXREd8

This video is mine. I made a program called BRCMulti Tools, what included a CVT gearbox as a tweak option. I also uploaded the same video here to show people what could be done in LFS.

However, god Scawen deleted the thread and sent me a "gently" message to do not upload this kind of shi, i mean thing here, as it can be used for cheating on races, even being impossible to go unnoticed driving at 200KmH with the first gear.

As I'm a criminal in Scawen's mind, and as he don't like modifications in his game like tweaks, feel free to contact me through a particular message, and I can share you the code for your assembly if you want to create this mod again.
Hey quick question, what shaders do you use there?

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG