The online racing simulator
Win 10 & LFS
(33 posts, started )
#1 - lucaf
Win 10 & LFS
How much I hate this win 10! You can never be sure where is the problem source.

Today suddenly my win 10 decided that I dont need to play LFS anymore. It hangs. It hangs in single user mode, it hangs in multiplayer mode, it hangs in replay mode.

I am sure the problem is not in LFS. I have 3 versions of LFS on my hard disk, the latest one, the latest with old blackwood, and one release between them. All those hangs on this damn system. While yesterday evening I played successfully LFS, after that kept my computer in SLEEP mode whole night and whole day, and now rewaken from SLEEP, this game doesnt damn work.

Yes, have REBOOTED several times. Tried system restore - failed because unknown error. Ran win 10 memory test without errors. I have Samsung SSD. No errors on disk. Or is it my damn integrated GPU of Pentium G3240? The hang begins when 0-5 sec after I join the track in the game.

How much I hate my computer now :/
#2 - lucaf
Gosh, can't believe it was really Intel HD graphics that failed in my Pentium.

Found old Nvidia Quatro card and installed it in PCI EX slot and now everything in LFS works perfect with discrete FPS.

So I got good reason to upgrade my CPU now
Good to know you fixed it. Thumbs up
I really never liked the WIN 10, that's why im still on WIN 7 Big grin
#4 - lucaf
Win 10 is awful - if any application stucks, you cannot activate task manager and kill the application because instead of task manager you get just black window with cursor, and only solution is to log out. I've had some 3-4 months Win10 and I havent found *anything* where it is better than 7, instead have found *many* things where 10 fails, and 7 would work well.

Ok, but this one case was not win10 fail...
#5 - lucaf
But about this HD Graphics, it had already failed many times during LFS driving, just suddenly freezing the pic, similar when GPU overheats. But how in this world i can know is that damn integrated GPU overheating, my motherboard should monitor CPU cooler speed and havent noticed it gets warm. Ok, I get rid of that wreck, and buy good cooler and some I5 suff Cool
Win10 is great in my opinion!

Windows Vista was also great in my opinion, sure it really had some critical flaws... Still less critical than on W7-W8.1 lol.

But best one is Windows XP <3 ^^ WIN98SE is also cool too but it also has few flaws.

Lucaf, tell me more details, what kind of stuff your PC rig contains? CPU, GPU and RAM

And some critical softwares what you think which are essential for every day use.

EDIT: Not gonna defend W10 like being my only love though lol, no no no... it was also "osdiphufgfhdvsoiöeurhfdr-ing" to me as well with LFS, but also with other games. This was due the problem of nVidia GeForce Experience as newest update on W10, with steam boostrapper... They had some kind of conflicting in terms of options, but no idea what would cause it. Otherwise no problems since then.
True that WIN7 is critical, yesterday my laptop got black screen and wasn't able to turn it on anymore, reinstalled windows now it is working somehow.
The problem was that hard disk got confused and got messed up.
#8 - lucaf
UM21 I wonder why you interested of my PC, its just as I said, Pentium G3240 with integrated GPU, RAM I have 8GB. Web browser & LFS is critical sw for me, okay now installed also free version of Bandicam as you may have noticed by my youtube posts Smile
#9 - BeNoM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You blame your first problem on Windows 10 without even knowing what the cause is and then it turns out it's not Windows 10.

You state other issues you have which aren't from Windows 10, but from some messed up OS install, stuffed up system files or virus/malware.

Windows 10 is fine, stop blaming your own incompetence on it...
Quote from BeNoM :HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You blame your first problem on Windows 10 without even knowing what the cause is and then it turns out it's not Windows 1-.

You state other issues you have which aren't from Windows 10, but from some messed up OS install, stuffed up system files or virus/malware.

Windows 10 is fine, stop blaming your own incompetence on it...

I second you on this. Windows (especially 8.1 and 10) is indeed a shit product in a few ways, but certainly not on the system side. I'll take a few exemples :
- Your PC has a weak CPU/GPU (for gaming?) ? You were playing a game and got a bluescreen ? - Windows failure.
- Oh look, it seems like your system is infected. Windows failure.
- Damn, my softwares don't work ! Windows failure.
It is common to blame the OS because it is the first thing one should check in case of problem, yet people never really checks if it's alright (not that it is an easy task) but still see it as the fault of most problems. People complain about window's low defence level but never bother to use a good anti-virus or even think about what could be dangerous and what isn't on the internet. They use windows. They bought a PC with windows. It was written somewhere when buying the product (which you could still uninstall...). But they can't use windows correctly. It would be the same to buy a 140hp car and expect it to hold a drift for a whole corner on low-temperature tires at low speed, then complain about the car, and says it needs more power. You got to learn how to use something before even trying to get the idea of thinking it's the product's fault (don't even wanna talk about people claiming that Win 10 is better than Win 7 just because it runs faster on most laptops...).
I love to blame Win 10 <3
Hi to all these people who 'LUV' win 10.

It is well known however that Win 10 and Intel HD Graphics have had numerous issues. When Win 10 was released many Acer and HP laptops with Intel HD Graphics would black screen under power, however work when on battery.

After discussing this with Acer NZ, they said to roll back to Win 8.1 as it was a BIOS issue with Win 10 and their hardware.

Win 10 has had several further issues with certain hardware since then.

Please attempt to understand the issues Microsoft have been having with Win 10 before publicly molesting yourself over how awesome Win 10 is and how it never has hardware issues just after an update...
Fap

At least this month they picked up on this...

"This month, we discovered a last minute issue that could impact some customers and was not resolved in time for our planned updates today.

"After considering all options, we made the decision to delay this month’s updates. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change to the existing plan.”
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/767748/windows-10-security-update-patch-tuesday-delayed-microsoft

Are you daft enough to run Win 10 developer preview on a PC you actually want to reliably use ? Smile
Racer X, can I ask you something?

How do you manage to walk with a stick so far up your arse? It's a scientific phenomenon and absolutely amazing that you manage to function (somewhat) like a normal Human Being with a thick branch in your Anal cavity.
I realise that Australians are generally incapable of reading, try to learn how, read my above post, then say something that demonstrates that you have read the post you are commenting on. Smile
Sorry, as you said, I'm in the middle of "molesting myself" so it's a tad hard to read at the same time.
Smile

Well stop it, doesn't your PM do it enough for all of you ?

But seriously, there are some hardware issues with Win 10 still, which seems strange considering how long it's been 'live' for.

It's great for techs who get paid to resolve these issues though. I don't get anything like this number of Win 7 problems.
Shame I didn't tell all my clients to update to Win 10 as it's so awesome..........
Guys, dont be so serious. Be happy with your personal opinion instead of being unhappy with someone's else opinion
He's Australian !!!

FYI, here's a post from Microsoft saying we have broken things and the Feb Win 10 update will not be released until we can fix it.

The Australian, Win 10 is wonderful and never goes wrong......

Yes, they are generally stupid, too many Dropbears bites is how we in NZ try to explain away their behaviour.
Just remember that they actually lost the Emu War, a bird with the brain the size of a walnut defeated the Australian Army.......

And they wonder why we have turned down becoming an Australian State for many, many years.
Learn to love your neighbours. Make love, not war. Education, we need education. People all over the word should make peace with neighbours. Then we can speak about education.
Quote from Racer X NZ :He's Australian !!!

FYI, here's a post from Microsoft saying we have broken things and the Feb Win 10 update will not be released until we can fix it.

The Australian, Win 10 is wonderful and never goes wrong......

Yes, they are generally stupid, too many Dropbears bites is how we in NZ try to explain away their behaviour.
Just remember that they actually lost the Emu War, a bird with the brain the size of a walnut defeated the Australian Army.......

And they wonder why we have turned down becoming an Australian State for many, many years.

Legitimate question, are you on 'the spectrum'?

You're going full whacko because you think 'I'm in love with Windows 10', FYI Windows 10 is pure shit, but his problems had nothing to do with with his OS...

Because I explained his issues wasn't because of his OS, you interpreted that as me saying 'Windows 10 is amazing', that's just retarded.

Have another little tantrum about Australians and Windows 10 that have no relevance to the topic just because you want attention...

Seriously, you act like a little autistic kid (I know exactly what they're like, I have an autistic nephew) whenever someone says anything some-what controversial or something you dislike.

Shut up and stop being a moron, it's pathetic.

TL;DR Windows 10 sucks, but it's not the cause of his issues so stop having your little tantrums.
Intel HD fails in Win 10, but An Nvidia card works.

If you are on the Insider Program then, as I posted, Microsoft have broken the Feb 2017 update and if you have downloaded this broken update then, as has happened in the past, it is quite possible that Intel HD drivers are one of the broken parts of the update.

If a part of Win 10 suddenly fails it is often related to Microsofts updates which Win 10 seems to be strangely untested. At least Microsoft have picked up on Feb 2017's disaster before it was widely released.

Thank you for your uninformed personal abuse, it clearly demonstrates how wrong I am about considering you to be a complete idiot. Smile
OK Hardware gurus, tell me please

So where is the problem?

As I told you earlier, I had Pentium G3240 with integrated HD Graphics, I had successfully played months LFS with it, until that day I started this thread, and blamed WIN 10 to be the reason LFS does not work anymore.

Later happened: I installed separate old graphic card and notice LFS started working. I made my assuption that GPU of G3240 CPU has gone broken.

Then I got accusation how I am blaming OS for HW failure.

What I just did, I purchased Intel I5 4460 CPU (with Integrated HD Graphics 4600), installed it 30 min ago, and assumed everything will work fine. Know what? Doesnt work; LFS fails again, precisely same way it did with Pentium G3240.

So what can I blame now? Tell me. I dont want to continue playing LFS with old NVIDIA Quadro 1500 card with 20 FPS Big grin
Quote from Racer X NZ :
If you are on the Insider Program then, as I posted, Microsoft have broken the Feb 2017 update and if you have downloaded this broken update then, as has happened in the past, it is quite possible that Intel HD drivers are one of the broken parts of the update.

How can I check this? In control panel / updates I dont see any Microsoft updates happened in February :o
This is getting really interesting.

*Windows 10 system restore crashes. Ok, that would have been waterproof sw solution, but not possible now.

*There is only one GPU driver version installed, cannot roll back for older driver.

*Intel Driver update utility crashes on Win 10

*Downloaded manually Intel drivers, setup program says my HW does not meet requirements :o

Im hopeless. Now I try one old Radeon 4850 card that I got.

Good news of the day is, that my old Pentim G3240 must be OK, so I can sell it...
Just let 'Racer X NZ' help you, he knows better then everyone else about everything in the world Smile

Win 10 & LFS
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG