The online racing simulator
Always use VR - reset camera position
Hi,

Is there any way to make the vr reset function like on other games where you just hit a key and it will reset your view?

As it is now, it will popup a menu where you always have to select what type of reset to perform. I always want it to use one of those as i need all controls to be available as keyboard strokes. Selecting something in this popup is not possible with the keyboard.

Using buttons on my controller is not an option and theres no keyboard connected to the PC.
Pressin F8 should reset the VR, but I don't know if that shows the pop up window or not.

But how do you want it to be done when there's no keyboard connected?
Quote from Flame CZE :Pressin F8 should reset the VR, but I don't know if that shows the pop up window or not.

I think its ALT+F11 For toggle and
Alt+f12 to reset
The spacebar becomes your left mouse button when the VR crosshairs are visible.

Hit the spacebar when you have the VR crosshairs over the option you want to select.

edit: sorry - it wasn't clear that you were operating via a remote machine.
Quote from Flame CZE :Pressin F8 should reset the VR, but I don't know if that shows the pop up window or not.

Thanks for the input. Pressing F8 pops up a menu where you have to make a choice for how to reset the camera. This menu cannot be navigated by keyboard shortcuts. The only way to navigate it is to use a mouse or the VR crosshair and a button on the controller. None of those two options are available to me.

For my setup to work, i need to be able to navigate everything through commands or keystrokes that the PC receive remotely.

Quote :I think its ALT+F11 For toggle and
Alt+f12 to reset

This doesn't seem to do anything Frown
demo and 0km.

When are you gonna drive? Big grin
Quote from kristofferandersen :demo and 0km.

When are you gonna drive? Big grin

When we've completed our evaluation of the software for our uses and purchased the required licenses.
Quote from raceroom-10 :When we've completed our evaluation of the software for our uses and purchased the required licenses.

Fair play, fair play Rofl
The F8 command is "/rift reset". Maybe Scawen can extend it with parameter to avoid the dialog (if there is one.. I don't have VR, so I can't try myself how exactly it works, sorry)? Try the "Contact us" in case there will nobody helpful here for some time. Also there are specialized LFS threads on particular Oculus/HTC forums I believe, but can't provide the links, as I don't visit them. Just try some quick search for "Scawen" user, he's probably using that everywhere.
Quote from Ped7g :The F8 command is "/rift reset". Maybe Scawen can extend it with parameter to avoid the dialog (if there is one.. I don't have VR, so I can't try myself how exactly it works, sorry)? Try the "Contact us" in case there will nobody helpful here for some time. Also there are specialized LFS threads on particular Oculus/HTC forums I believe, but can't provide the links, as I don't visit them. Just try some quick search for "Scawen" user, he's probably using that everywhere.

Thanks for the input!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG