The online racing simulator
Live For Speed on Steam
(20 posts, closed, started )
Live For Speed on Steam
+1
Oh wait a minute... you still didn't give up with your "requierements", and now want LFS to be on Steam in hope of a lower price? What the ...
It has been suggested multiple times, too many to count and the short answer is, no!
Quote from xKikox :and the price will be not so high in some countries.

Wait, what?

There is no price variation based on country level on Steam.
#6 - BeNoM
Sigh...
Quote from xKikox :With Live For Speed on Steam the game will be more known and the price will be not so high in some countries.

Devs want their 24 pounds for S2 licence. Now when LFS would be on Steam,which isn't a selfless samarian organization but a company aiming for profits,Steam would also need a share of the money for their distribution service,which would be added to licence cost. Now how the heck do you expect the price to be lower???
Also - devs already stated that adding LFS to Steam would require them to change their company type,as Steam does not support the one devs are now. Which would most likely raise the price again,due higher taxes.

So - want LFS for the lowest price possible? Buy now...
With GBP at the lowest it has been pretty much in history, now is the time to buy. It isn't going to get any cheaper, if anything, the price should go up to reflect the decreasing value of the pound. When I got S2 the pound was worth a little over 2USD. But still only £24, now the devs are essentially getting £12 for S2.
#9 - Ped7g
^ this.... LFS is now technically on 50% sale (even if the price still is written as "£12" per license level, the true price is now ~50% to original one).

I think Victor should do some promotion about this on the home page, maybe with some historical GBP charts compared to selected currencies.

(although I would personally prefer some S3 announcements, but I know it will be ready, when it will be ready ... and this technical 50% is ready today)

Also I think the Devs should probably sit down over "go to steam" idea again, and try to estimate the costs and put here on forum new thread with proposed Steam version prices. This may be another revealing experience to some potential customers, who are waiting for good price...

(this is written with hint of joke-ish atmosphere over it (as I can't stop doing that), but actually I'm fully serious, the GBP conversion rate is fact, and costs of company model change plus new marketing model is factual thing too)
To be honest I'm never going to buy a license for such an old game for 36 pounds. Sorry guys, I prefer to have fun on the demo version than pay an outrageous amount of money for the old game, which for some time was dead (no updates) and now is coming back to life.
That sum of money could buy you an AAA title...
I'm just wondering why people think they need to pay 36 pounds, s2 at 24 pounds gives already enough content as there isn't even many servers with rockingham other than racing servers
and these pereulok users aren't probably even going to race much
OK, 24 pounds. It's still A LOT for an old game with literally no content updates.
I enjoy LFS, I really do, I just don't understand why after so many years it hasn't gone at least once on sale, like all other games on the market.
As said above, it is on a massive sale at the moment compared to a few years ago, if you aren't from the UK.
Maybe because LFS is not like all other games?

Anyway,I'll repeat myself - you don't pay just for "an old game",you're paying for content,future updates (even they're so unsignifant in one's eyes),master server,stats tracking and place on disc for your skins - all of them are constant unending expenses for years following,while you pay just 1 payment. Would you prefer to pay 10 pounds for S2 licence and then pay each month 2 pounds to be able go online? In longer term you end up with way bigger expences as single payment.
So - for all the service LFS offers,these 12 pounds per licence level isn't that much money at all!

Edit: Checked your online stats,mr Oskarroza,never mind,you don't care about online too much (at least not legally),so yes - it's too expensive for you. Razz
Quote from k_badam : if you aren't from the UK.

against the PLN it's -13,4%, EUR -14,8%, USD -20% and the winner; BRL -25% ..

However, the Real was in 2011-2013 much much stronger (about double as strong), they need to complain at their government, they f*ck*d up. But hey, what do most people know about Forex markets? Nothing.
There is maybe one pro to LFS being on Steam which is potentially building a bigger player base. But there are many cons which the devs aren't willing to take.
Simulator games are more expensive because they are built from scratch. Majority of games now just use some already made engine like Unreal or Unity, which are also as old as LFS engine really and thus have a good deal of the work done already. Which is why a lot of games are both cheap and samey. £24 was worth more both in the UK and abroad when the price was first set, so in essence, the price has always been falling as it's never been changed.
Quote from oskarroza :OK, 24 pounds. It's still A LOT for an old game with literally no content updates.
I enjoy LFS, I really do, I just don't understand why after so many years it hasn't gone at least once on sale, like all other games on the market.

If you are happy demo user, there's no problem with this. You are the customer, so you can decide if the product is worth the price or not. The demo is available for free, and demo content does rarely change, so you will be able to enjoy the demo content very likely for quite some time.

The problem with some other people is, that they both say the game is not worth the money, yet they use the licensed content. That's not fair.

On the good side, they managed to write several hilarious bogus claims why they have right to do it, was a bit amusing to read through those posts.

BTW, LFS is not as much a game, as trying hard to be car racing simulator (and maybe not only car, but anything motorized on wheels). So if the new "AAA game" is good for you, and you don't like LFS, buy the game. I personally buy normal games usually only few years later on GOG, as I'm not very interested into new AAA games, but for me a good racing simulator with high quality physics, is easily worth 36 pounds. Also I don't see how it's age does change anything. It's still simulator, even if it will be 30 years old.

If there will be much better one with reasonable price meanwhile, I will very likely move there. At the moment the LFS has minimal competition, if you are interested into some particular aspects of simulation.
Quote from oskarroza :OK, 24 pounds. It's still A LOT for an old game with literally no content updates.

Looking
registered 8 years ago without buying the game (why not), then complaining because no content update ?? wtf Big grin
Do not hesitate to buy the game, you will get more content instantaneously !
This thread is closed

Live For Speed on Steam
(20 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG