The online racing simulator
favourite car/corner combo
(40 posts, started )
whats the most satisfying combination of corners and in which car?
for me, i've just been learning fern bay gold in the FO8, the section after the first chicane and on to the straight is mad!!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - wE1l
Hmm, this is the time when you really hate the various track layout variations and nameless corners.
Can I have two???
It's definitely the mrt5 on the famous bump/turn on South city 2 rev for the
balls it needs, and the Uf1 on the last Aston club turn complex for the importance of brake balance.
#4 - _Rob_
That bit of FE3 that the OP likes, but on FE3R, it's just that bit more challenging
What car? Well, LX4/6 or GTT for me
Quote from _Rob_ :That bit of FE3 that the OP likes, but on FE3R, it's just that bit more challenging
What car? Well, LX4/6 or GTT for me

more challenging still!!!!
jeeze the way i mentioned is tricky enough!!
i like BF1/As North.
I loved they way the FXR got through the turn after the long straight at Blackwood before the patch. I could just feel it when it wasn't possible to go faster, in my FF.
#8 - wE1l
Quote from Darkone55 :I loved they way the FXR got through the turn after the long straight at Blackwood before the patch. I could just feel it when it wasn't possible to go faster, in my FF.

I like that combo too.
just about any faster car going down the "screw-eau" turn in aston

i just like how all the cars dip into it, great feeling
Quote from XCNuse :just about any faster car going down the "screw-eau" turn in aston

i just like how all the cars dip into it, great feeling

could not agree more
Quote from Rappa Z :i like BF1/As North.

any bit in particular that feels good?
#12 - Smax
The little kink on the back straight of Aston club, and the first chicane at Westhill with the tyre stacks.

Both for the same reason, they're something of a leap of faith and being quick through them requires you to turn in earlier than feels right at first, you have to trust that the kerb is giong to pop up where you expect it to. T2 at Westhill is another I enjoy, although there the turn in point doesn't feel quite as "wrong"
gotta love AS north in the BF1 from T3 to the corner before the straight, T3 is fun when theres a decent pack (aslong as the pack knows how to race the damn thing cleanly!)
Ky3r with F08: the longish corner section after the bridge
*BL rally rev; first turn,with any car... ahhhh
*AS North; every turn from the hairpin to finish line.. pure pleasure
*SO Classic rev; whole track
1st fern bay black and fern bay green forward & reverse with any gtr or formula cars (especially mrt on fe green ) or rac
2nd aston north...unfortunately rarely i find server with car i'd like to race on it
3rd kyoto gp long and national

and the track i really hate is south city any combination
Fern Bay Green - love it and hate it in equal measure in any car
Quote from ajp71 :Fern Bay Green - love it and hate it in equal measure in any car

i'm getting that way, the frustration does my head in but get it right....
The wall corner in-between the back straights on FE-Green. It is challenging in any car as they all take it so differently. Sometimes you have to lift, and others you just keep floored It is a little tricky to see the apex, but its also fast enough to be a bit challenging...IMO.
That's easy - I love WE1R, final turn onto the straight. Highspeed, sweeping, semi-blind lefthander.

Most fulfilling in the LRF series of cars, the LX6 is a BLAST around that whole circuit.

In fact, I'm convinced Westhill backwards is the way that track should be driven. It's got so much personality in reverse it's by far my favorite track altogether.
I'm rather fond of the the AS Historic track in general with the BF1/F08, particularly the part that starts after one of the straights and makes a 180degree turn into a quick left/right/right/left/slight left/right/sweeping left, then to towards the end of the course. That steep chicane after T1 is nice too, kinda reminds me of a slower version of Spa's Eau Rogue

Hope that made sense
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :
In fact, I'm convinced Westhill backwards is the way that track should be driven. It's got so much personality in reverse it's by far my favorite track altogether.

yes you're right! westhill reversed is much more interesting, each corner is much more challenging especially the first corner and the chicane

it's a shame that sever admins often forgets that we have reverse configurations on each track, sometimes like for westhill they're better than the forward ones
If you put a gun to my head and forced me to chose one, then it would have to be SOlong in the FOX. I've managed to find a perfect setup for my driving style at that track, even though i have to take some odd lines at certain corners, and, i've got the use of the concrete brakes down to a fine art.

Other than that, i'd say the back section of the longer Aston tracks, in any car is worth a mention. And KYnat in the XRR is a good match
Once you come out of the pits in BL, you have the 1st corner right then the 2nd which is left onto the straight - I love seeing how tight and flat-out i can go around that corner, without flipping in the XFR
The BF1 on the aston north going clockwise, there is a steeply banked corner in the middle of the hilly part, it's always fun to throw a car into a nice banked corner

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG