The online racing simulator
"when LFS used to have 2300+ racers online on evenings"

Now the most I've seen in the past year at one time was like 70 Frown

I miss all the friends I made back in the day.
Quote from MousemanLV :I miss AMG with its GTR+AS3 server, that was so much fun

Which was a server with same 3 cars on same track all the time. And yet many of this server's visitors complain about lack of content. Go figure... Looking
Quote from Eclipsed :Which was a server with same 3 cars on same track all the time. And yet many of this server's visitors complain about lack of content. Go figure... Looking

Wrong. It was a long time ago when the server was up and even a longer time ago when it was at its prime. It's not smart to compare how it used to be back 7 years ago and now. Back then LFS actually had proper competition. Now? It's just become repetitive (regarding combos) and that's the reason why people complain about it being repetitive.
..hell, the game hasn't changed much since, has it? hmmm? It was something great back then in 2009 but since the game hasn't changed much how would you expect to still have the drive and passion for the game? Won't happen.
Quote from MousemanLV :Wrong. It was a long time ago when the server was up and even a longer time ago when it was at its prime. It's not smart to compare how it used to be back 7 years ago and now. Back then LFS actually had proper competition. Now? It's just become repetitive (regarding combos) and that's the reason why people complain about it being repetitive.
..hell, the game hasn't changed much since, has it? hmmm? It was something great back then in 2009 but since the game hasn't changed much how would you expect to still have the drive and passion for the game? Won't happen.

Then what you can do about that?
Nothing.
kappa
Every thread leads to the same conclusion... Uhmm Myabe my words doesn't mean much as i spend 90% of LFS time on one combo, I'm afraid that actually became bored of it but hell yeah, I'd love to see new content! Better looking content! The new physics! So that all "pro's" will make a step back and learn the game again Smile Like EU policy of equal opportunities, lol! Omg omg omg
Became a bit dreamy, sorry.
Quote from R@fiXII :I'd love to see new content! Better looking content! The new physics!

We all would, but after the physics and VW Scirocco I don't think we're going to see anything new ever. Considering it took them years for these 3 things (VW Scirocco, physics and Rockingham), it'll be another decade before we get anything else and by then LFS will be more then dead unless they released something huge or made a sequel by then.
irental bringing out dirt, looking forward.
Update:

He now has imported Blackwood, and as I already told him on GTAForums, it's a really rushed import, just quick rip and import, no mip-maps, no glass materials, and a lot of missing objects. He told me that he didn't knew much about the 3D modeling stuff though.

Screenshot:

More screenshots:
Spoiler - click to reveal

Link:
https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/gta-live-for-speed-blackwood-racetrack

Quote from BeNoM :I don't think we're going to see anything new ever

Do you know that Eric already has more content in the works since a long time? He's working on it, and as Scawen said, now they doesn't want to wait for the tires physics before releasing it, and that's why they released Rockingham with S3 right now.

Quote from MousemanLV :irental bringing out dirt, looking forward.

That's totally off-topic.
Oh he used high quality textures this time, nice!

It's kinda funny seeing people talk about LFS in the comment of the mod Tongue

"Do you know that Eric already has more content in the works since a long time? He's working on it, and as Scawen said, now they doesn't want to wait for the tires physics before releasing it, and that's why they released Rockingham with S3 right now."

No I didn't, because we aren't really told much...
Quote from BeNoM :No I didn't, because we aren't really told much...

Well that just means you weren't properly tracking updates from Scawen.
Sorry for not having the time to view every single post here
Quote from BeNoM :Oh he used high quality textures this time, nice!

That's just the default textures, just like for Aston Wink
Texture quality varies depending on the tracks. Fern Bay and Aston are the oldest ones, Blackwood has been updated several times, and Westhill and Rockingham as the newest. And texture quality is also in that order. Wink
His Aston conversion looks super wacky though, I guess that's what you get with ripping tracks from the memory.

inb4 Los Santos gets modded into LFS Big grin
Quote from BeNoM :inb4 Los Santos gets modded into LFS Big grin

inb4 the entire map from GTA:SA gets modded into LFS Big grin
Quote from BeNoM :His Aston conversion looks super wacky though, I guess that's what you get with ripping tracks from the memory.

IMO it looks just as rushed as Blackwood, but there are less things that can go wrong so it looks better import wise.

Quote from BeNoM :inb4 Los Santos gets modded into LFS Big grin

It we had access to the correct tools, I'm sure it could be possible to import GTA SA's LS, but not GTA V one. I don't know how much objects the actual occlusion culling implementation in LFS can handle though, so it might need a decent CPU (with fast core speed since LFS is single threaded only). ^^
But that would be fun to see and drive on though! Big grin
Despite those fancy graphics it still looks kinda flat. Would want to see it on the new Westhill.
That always the problem with low poly models, they look extremly flat on high end renderer. Just see the Vice City map imported in GTA V, same effect.
Quote from nacim :It we had access to the correct tools, I'm sure it could be possible to import GTA SA's LS, but not GTA V one. I don't know how much objects the actual occlusion culling implementation in LFS can handle though, so it might need a decent CPU (with fast core speed since LFS is single threaded only). ^^
But that would be fun to see and drive on though! Big grin

There have been a few people who have managed to make 3rd party tracks in LFS, for example the Test Track from Top Gear, but all of them are extremely low quality.

If only this game had mod support Frown
Quote from BeNoM :If only this game had mod support Frown

The track editor needs some work done which won't happen before the new tyre physics, but Scawen's intention is to release it in the future.
That would be definitely great, I'm pretty sure we have people in this community who can create some great content when given the right tools (y)
So then .vob mods would be allowed? Na-na Na-na Na-na Na-na Na-na Na-na
To a certain degree I suppose it wouldn't be bad would it? I remember back in the days we used to use a lot of .vob mods (some S14s here and there), still got videos of them on the web I believe. This ''DRIFTING FROM HELL'' video has 600'000+ views on yT and has just .vob mods!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEWei15vqQk
Yeh to this day I still don't understand why they're banned Frown

Back in 2011 .vob mods were everywhere Tongue

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG