The online racing simulator
Locking skins
(4 posts, started )
Locking skins
Is it possible to somehow password skins, so if the person want to use my skin, he has to know password for it? It'd be very nice due to kids that refuse change from our team skin to any other. The skin files are not published and links for them are only in our team chat. The problem is when someone joins server with that skin, it automatically downloads to the local skins_x folder on kid's computer, so he can use it however he wants, even if there'S no link for it on forums.
There was a similar request regarding setups. The short answer is, the devs are not interested in a security arms race with people who seek the data.

I think you may be able to share your team skin with only your team (using a filesharing service, not via LFSWorld) and have it show up for each other but not other players? I think that's how it used to work ages ago, anyway.

Otherwise, if you want people outside your team to see your team skins, you need to accept that this situation is a possibility. The best you can do is ask that they not use it.
Quote from Forbin :Otherwise, if you want people outside your team to see your team skins, you need to accept that this situation is a possibility. The best you can do is ask that they not use it.

The problem is, that when i asked politly to not use the skin, they just ingored me or instantly disconected
Have driver's name and maybe country flag on the car. Might make people less like to re-use the skin because others can see its origin.

Locking skins
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG