The online racing simulator
Junk pedal problem
(18 posts, started )
Junk pedal problem
I have a drift oz. I know its cheep but for now its all I have as far as pedals. Ive read the setups and I caint for the life of me figure out how to set up the pedals. They are on the same axis. When the pedal is not touched the green bar is at the half way point I push one pedal the bar goes all the way to the left, I push the other one and it goes all the way to the right.
I had a problem similar to this when, for some unknown reason, my wheel's drivers thought my G27 was a Driving Force. Same thing with the combined throttle/brake. I had to deinstall and reinstall the drivers for it, but it did fix the problem in the end.

Not sure if this'll help - I've never heard of Drift Oz, so not sure what their driver support is like...
Ok thanks Ill try that. I can go to control panel/controlers and set the pedals to buttons and it work but boy does it suck.
Let me tell you how junky this thing it. I took the pedals apart to see how they were set up and the wires wernt even soldered to the potentiometers. Its like they put the wire on the pin and used heat shrink to hold it on the pin
Quote from kturner :When the pedal is not touched the green bar is at the half way point I push one pedal the bar goes all the way to the left, I push the other one and it goes all the way to the right.

This is what "combined/single axis" do. Try to find this option in your driver and uncheck it.

If you can't find that option in your driver's settings, look for it in LFS Options/controls/axis FF, don't know if that's available there, but look for it.
Attached images
Clip_3.jpg
You really want to have your driver report separate axes, but if yeu can't, in LFS controllers menu there is an option like 'throttle/brake axes' combined/separate. Set it to combined and then choose the correct axis in the axis tab.
Ok thanks, I'll look tonight. So far this has been one of the most friendly helpfull fourm ive been on.
That did the trick and it made a huge difference. I can see how separate axis will help. I can't hold the brake and load it up at the start line.
Thumbs up
Thanks for all the help but now I have another question. I walked into our goodwill thrift store looking for a crt tv with hdmi for my arcade and as soon as I walked in the door I found a working xbox logitech drivefx racing wheel complete for 10 bucks. Now I have xp on my pc with no internet connection and cain't figure out how to make it work. I looked for the driver but caint seem to find one. It work on my window 8 laptop but I dont want it for that.
Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFQJrd4ET5Y
There are comments there about connecting your wheel to PC, I separated the most important:

Quote :For all people asking me how to install this to PC its very simple. If you have Windows 7 just plug the USB cable into your PC and it will work instantly like Xbox controller. If you have XP type into google "xinput driver windows xp". Download from Microsoft official site and once installed plug the controller in. Nothing more to it, on race driver grid vibration worked without modifying any settings at all. Plug and play people!!!

EDIT: if that doesn't work, try this driver http://sfmpromo.pro/gtime6?k=Logitech+drivefx+drivers+for+pc (I haven't tested it, so make sure first it is a harmless program).
Well I guess I'm a dummy. I tryed all of that and still dont work. I even copied the driver from my laptop and nothing. I'm still learning when it comes to all that stuff.
Well its been awhile and I still cain't get my wheel to work. Does anyone have a driver they e-mail me.
Not much i can help... But make sure u load right version on your pc if you use 64 bit or 32 bit version, it must be same what you using.. Maybe it is unlucky your windoes doesnt aprove the wheel you are using
It's a xbox 360 wheel.
Quote from kturner :It's a xbox 360 wheel.

drivefx
xbox/pc wheel

formula force EX
ps/pc wheel

you just need logitech driver
Mine is a drivefx does that matter?
Well I spent weeks trying to get my xbox wheel to work and gave up. Last night I hade some time to waste and thought what the heck I'll try one more time. Hade it working in less then 5 mins. Go figure. Thanks for all the help.

Junk pedal problem
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG