The online racing simulator
Game Uninstalling on its own
(9 posts, started )
Hey guys, I've played LFS for a few years now, and I recently got a new PC and tried to install LFS on this PC. However after it Installs (that works fine) and i try to launch the game. The LFS logo appears, the game closes, and all files associated with LFS get automatically uninstalled, and i have to redownload the installer and it all happens again.... anyone had any problems like this?

All my PC specs are fine, the only thing i can think of, is a Windows 10 issue?
I've heard (at my office, not a personal experience) that Win10 does that.
I'll try to get some more info.
#3 - Bean0
It could be some sort of permissions related bollocks if you're installing to the program files folder.

If you haven't already, try installing to C:\LFS\
Quote from Ripley :I've heard (at my office, not a personal experience) that Win10 does that.
I'll try to get some more info.

That would be greatly appreciated, thankyou bud (:
Quote from Bean0 :It could be some sort of permissions related bollocks if you're installing to the program files folder.

If you haven't already, try installing to C:\LFS\

I've tried doing a completely clean install a few times, Into new folders, into a new folder on desktop, new folder on C:, new folder on D:, The same thing keeps happening on them all../: Installs, Boots, Freezes, Every file gets deleted and game crashed, Short cut gets deleted, Setup gets deleted, all files within game files get deleted, im literally left with an empty "LFS" file, Thankyou for your help man, glad to see the community is still alive
do you have any anti-virus software that has a sandbox feature such as comodo internet security suite ? if so it could be installing it into sandbox which then would be gone afterwards.
If not then its certainly a strange case, i have had no such problems on windows 10

good luck

bish
Quote from Tartalicious :That would be greatly appreciated, thankyou bud (:

From various colleagues (with a high IT level knowledge), I've gathered the following info:
Win 10 has uninstalled (on different pcs) CCleaner, Thunderbird, Java JRE, Sopcast, and other various "small softwares".
MS has partially admitted the issue.
would it not then do it on all installations of windows 10 or is it only on certain builds. I am running windows 10 pro x64 ver 1511 and have lfs and programs such as ccleaner installed

there was a patch after 1511 which may of contained a fix for the bug hence why i have not suffered such a problem

thank you

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG