The online racing simulator
Automatically connect to local (LAN) Server
Hi,

I am trying to automate a multiplayer LAN game. I'm using a local DCon server and it's configured fine. What I want to so is have a config file or command line options that I can use to start LFS.exe, so it automatically connects to the server and drops the player into the car.

I can do this using the following sequence of / commands, entered into the game after it starts:

/mp 192.168.1.197 63392
/join
/ready

I've tried creating a cfg.txt file that contains these commands and running LFS.exe /cfg=cfg.txt, but it doesn't like the /mp command as the first one. (Parameter 1 is invalid)

I've tried various combinations of commands in a file. Some almost work, like /join followed by /ip=192.168.1.197 but the connection screens says "Host not found on master server", since I presume it's attempting to find an internet connected server.

Can anyone offer any advice? I was hoping to avoid creating an insim wrapper that pipes these commands into the sim after it's started.

Thanks,

Steve
I've managed to get a bit further by adding a line into the autoexec.lfs file. This file specifically says that it is run when LFS reaches the entry screen, and putting "/mp 192.168.1.197 63392" in it works, and automatically connects to my server.

However, I then need to invoke the /join and /ready commands manually. Putting those in the autoexec.lfs script runs them before the connect has occurred and shows up a couple of error messages.

Is there any console command that will wait a certain amount of time that could be inserted into the scripts?

Cheers,

Steve
-
(kakmanu) DELETED by kakmanu

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG