The online racing simulator

Poll : What downforce do you use in the FOX @ AS Club (in race sets)?

Low Downforce
Medium Downforce
High Downforce
No wings
#1 - ajp71
Downforce in the FOX @ AS Club?
I was racing this config tonight and suprised to hear that two fast people were running wingless. I personally don't like to go bellow 6/8 and when I tried going wingless I found that it felt that the grip loss in the corners was so bad that I'm not sure if I like it even with the extra straight line speed. Admitably I didn't use a setup designed for wingless running.

I'd be intrested to hear what wing you run here and at other tracks in the FOX?
#2 - Renku
wrong information removed...

Edit: :doh: and I remembered wrong, the AS2 WR set has 3/6 and I think I did use the same angles. I mixed the AS3 and AS2 sets: AS3 WR set has 3/4, but on AS3R even 3/6 was little tricky for me to stay on track, but got under benchmark time, eventually.
The set i run there has wings @ 3/6 and gets decent grip.
Quote from ajp71 :I was racing this config tonight and suprised to hear that two fast people were running wingless. I personally don't like to go bellow 6/8 and when I tried going wingless I found that it felt that the grip loss in the corners was so bad that I'm not sure if I like it even with the extra straight line speed. Admitably I didn't use a setup designed for wingless running.

I'd be intrested to hear what wing you run here and at other tracks in the FOX?

I was there too, but I was using the default setup. I think it is because aston has many long curves, and only two or three tight corners. So, when the wings aren't at such a high angle, they create almost no drag. And, since there are only a few tight corners, you make up for the fact that you have to slow down alot at these corners by gaining speed on the straights.
#5 - ajp71
^^ I'm well aware of the question of balancing drag/corner speeds, however, it didn't feel to me like wingless was the right balance just like using a high downforce set would be intresting to see values of 3/6. I think I was using 6/8 last night which seemed about right to me.
5/9 here with a self made set that is more than capable of the WR time.. pretty good with the tyres as well depending on how late you are on the brakes..

Surprised to hear people running lower actually, but then I suppose the rest of the setup would make a difference as well

Edit : My PB is actually a tenth better than the WR, so I guess I did something right
#7 - AdamW
I use Chris from vmax's set, whatever that has . 1:01.15.

ryan: it's quite easy to be faster online than in hotlapping mode on as club, because you can take a much wider (hence faster) line through the flat-out chicane. it's much trickier to get through it fast while still making the verification system happy.
He probably sent you my set, pretty sure I gave it him when I was in vmax

You're right about the online/offline hotlap thing though, although my as club line is pretty tidy and the verification thingy has never moaned at me before on that course in hotlap mode...So who knows

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG