The online racing simulator
Some improvement suggestions.[Aerodynamics, Different Components, Racing Rules]
I was watching a Formula One race and I noticed that they change the wing designs to have a different aerodynamics effect. Be it stability or grip. So I started thinking what if Live for Speed had that. The ability to change components depending on the driving style and track conditions.
Since I dont know alot about the Live for Speed API or its engine I wont be presenting a code that does that.
I hope this reaches the developers because it could greatly increase the strategy of the driver and It could yield a more fun experience on the track.

So lets start. First im gonna talk about aerodynamics. As I stated before I dont know the Live for Speed API because LFS is not Open Source so I cant look into its source code to see if this is even possible to make.
So my idea was to have different aerodynamics parts in order to have a advantage against other drivers.
Here I will give an example of how I think it could look like.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Mids28E3SQNlh0Yy1GZkR0UlE
Since I cant provide technical information this is the least I can do.

Just like the aerodynamics parts you could make it that almost every part has a couple of types. Just like the differential types or the tyre models you could design a Turbo setting where the driver could adjust th settings of the Turbo Charger as well as add or remove it from a car.
The turbo setting would differ from car to car. For instance a car could have a electric powered Turbo Charger wich would require the player to have a heavy battery and ECU to operate the Turbo Charger. The driver should stratergise weather the added weight would be benefitial on a specific track and does it sooth his driving style.

The last thing I will talk about is the ability to create your own Racing Rules.
Things like tyre restrictions(Have a limited number of tyres per racing weekend or just restrict a compound), Penalties, Engine restrictions, Component restrictions and many more regulations.
There should be a system for penalising cutting corners and using a widened part of the track as a exit trajectory. If the player leaves the track boundary and he does it purely to gain an advantage(He does it multiple times over the span of the race) he should be penalised. Also there could be a Causing A Collision penalty and Unsafe Release Penalty where if the driver leaves the Pit Box and if he almost misses a car from behind he could get a penalty. You already have a HLVC system to validate the Hot Lap. You could use that to create the suggestions I had. Again im not familiar with the source code so I cant tell if its possible.
So you might be thinking Drifting is pretty popular in LFS why sould the players who enjoy doing that suffer and get penalties for drifting. Well fear not. As I mentioned before you could make a Rules and Regulations setting and in those settings you could turn off all of the Rules/Regulations/Restrictions/Penalties so the player can Free Roam. You can even make a preset system like in the Car Settings/Garage where the player can store the Regulations.

I really hope some of theese features get implemented. I can see a bright future for Live for Speed and its a very fun game I have been playing for 5000+ hours now. I spend soo much time on it having fun but I started seeing that theese features are missing. So I started making a InSim application for the regulations and I made most of them, like causing a collision and leaving track boundaries. But it would be better if LFS handles the penalties itself. Because of the speed benefit and the benefit of creating a better InSim system. And Im sure that the developers could do a better job than I did with the shitty application.

Some improvement suggestions.[Aerodynamics, Different Components, Racing Rules]
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG