The online racing simulator
Unlock the fov?
(15 posts, started )
Unlock the fov?
I have a oddball setup with screen on left being 1280x1024 and right 1920x1080.
Only issue with it that i have noticed is that fov is locked at 90, which looks low.
First pic is what it looks like at 90, latter what i'm used to
^just swap the pics around in your mind, i've edited that sentence too many times and failed
Attached images
lfsmultimon2.png
lfsmultimon1.jpg
Bought myself a 1080p monitor to replace the 1024p monitor, fov still locked at 90
1. Select hotlapping
2. Select track
3. Select car
4. Go on track
5. Press Escape
6. Click View
7. Change FOV as desired
8. Change view rotation as desired

IIRC, these settings are unique to each car, so if you change cars, you may need to change them again.
Quote from Forbin :1. Select hotlapping
2. Select track
3. Select car
4. Go on track
5. Press Escape
6. Click View
7. Change FOV as desired
8. Change view rotation as desired

IIRC, these settings are unique to each car, so if you change cars, you may need to change them again.

fov is locked at 90 with 2 monitors, so your answer doesn't help at all
How exactly is it locked? You can't change the FOV value at all?
it goes from 30 degrees to 90 degrees on dual 1080p monitors, 30 to 160 on single 1080p monitor
Keys 5 and 6 don't "zoom" in and out?
Quote from sinbad :Keys 5 and 6 don't "zoom" in and out?

That's not what i meant, i meant that the fov is capped at 90 when using multiple monitors.
The 5 and 6 keys change the FOV. It's definitely not locked just because you're using multiple screens.

EDIT: Oh, you mean you want the FOV for a single screen to be higher than 90? Crazy! But in that case you can just tell LFS that there is only one screen and fiddle with view offset.
He means that with two screens the maximum FOV in options is 90° when he is using two screens.
I get the same when I set up my screens like that. In options the slider's maximum will be 90° for the mainscreen.
Quote from PeterN :The 5 and 6 keys change the FOV. It's definitely not locked just because you're using multiple screens.

EDIT: Oh, you mean you want the FOV for a single screen to be higher than 90? Crazy! But in that case you can just tell LFS that there is only one screen and fiddle with view offset.

Let me clear this once more:
I use 104 fov when i usually play with only one screen, and when i use 2 or more monitors, the fov slider in menu (and using 5+6) is capped at 90.
In case you didn't read all of my comment:

"... you can just tell LFS that there is only one screen and fiddle with view offset."

(No it's not perfect, but it'll work)
Quote from PeterN :In case you didn't read all of my comment:

"... you can just tell LFS that there is only one screen and fiddle with view offset."

(No it's not perfect, but it'll work)

hud will screw up, so no, i don't think that's a really viable option
Adjusting the screen angle doesn't work? With that it should go up to 180 degrees if I understand correctly, and I didn't really have any problems with my dual screen setup when I had that temporarily
Attached images
lfs_00000002.jpg
Quote from nikopdr :Adjusting the screen angle doesn't work? With that it should go up to 180 degrees if I understand correctly, and I didn't really have any problems with my dual screen setup when I had that temporarily

it works, but hud is centered on the edges of screens

Unlock the fov?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG