The online racing simulator
Tyre avilability
(7 posts, started )
Tyre avilability
I'm sorry if this topic has been chewed up a couple of times, I'm not a regular on this forum.

I would like to see all tyres available on all cars, or at least both the road normal and road super variations.

I know slicks can cause trouble with some cars in terms of rolling over, the XFG for instance, so it might not be the best idea to give slicks to the XFG and XRG cars, but road super would still be a viable choice.

I know there is also a bit of a problem of getting road supers up to temp on an XFG for instance, but they would serve quite well for longer races.

I reckon it could spice up the racing a bit.

Also please don't start flaming, it is just a humble suggestion. Smile
Was probally suggested a few times. Wink
I think the problem is as follows:
Part of racing roadcars is not driving on supergrippy slicks.
Unlike real life there is no price tag on tires, so given the option everyone would always pick slicks over road tires.
I think there was talk about 'restricted setup choices', if tires are part of that then it could work maybe.
+1. Not only do I want XFG and XRG with road super, I want XFR with rally cross tires. Could be a server option to unlock all tire types for all cars which defaults to disabled to keep things organized. And also ban certain tyres for certain cars on the hotlaps. I think its a great idea.
In my wish are Mrt and Ufr with off road tyres for rallycross races
Gutholz, honestly I never thought about the price, and to that extent you might be right.

I remember getting motorcycle slicks that were used relatively cheap, I desperately tried to gauge how much car slicks would cost on the internet, only to interestingly, find no information.

So it seems that their availability is low, and might cement your point.

However, that still doesn't explain why road supers are unavailable on the XFG and the XRG, as they aren't even a semislick by design.

On one hand I like the unlimited setups, but on the other it does tend to be unrealistic, since I've never seen a 115 hp hatchback with a fully adjustable suspension, brake pressure, and so on.

I'd still say that in the realm of people having essentially a double manufacturer racing cup (referring to the GT races) the act of having slicks isn't all that unbelievable.

Partan, the XFR car with rallycross tyres is amzing.
Sometimes when I'm bored I raise the suspension and put rallycross tyres using a tweak, and the result is fantastic.

I'd say that is also a good idea, but it would unfortunately also need a revised suspension for rallycrossing, which I whink would be some work for the devs. But ultimately I think that a rallycross base with the race preped cars would be great.
Quote from Endi_031 :I remember getting motorcycle slicks that were used relatively cheap, I desperately tried to gauge how much car slicks would cost on the internet, only to interestingly, find no information.

So it seems that their availability is low, and might cement your point.

Generally you can't get new slicks (and I think DOT racing tires?) without a racing license. In theory, slicks are worse on the street than a high-performance street tire because you can't get the proper level of heat into the slicks on the street, and their level of grip when cold is quite low, even compared to a street tire. They're designed for a relatively narrow temperature band, versus the super wide temperature band of a street tire.

EDIT: Quote added.
Quote from Forbin :Generally you can't get new slicks (and I think DOT racing tires?) without a racing license. In theory, slicks are worse on the street than a high-performance street tire because you can't get the proper level of heat into the slicks on the street, and their level of grip when cold is quite low, even compared to a street tire. They're designed for a relatively narrow temperature band, versus the super wide temperature band of a street tire.

Whats your point? LFS is all about track racing.

Tyre avilability
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG