The online racing simulator
Brazil BF1 Scene - Render Ready
(15 posts, started )
Hey guys,
Today i decided to convert a non brazil friendly BF1 scene so it looks as good as all the other brazil scenes out there. It works the same as the ds-auto brazil scenes, all you have to do is apply your skin and render away.

This may not be 100% perfect but for all of you who just want to render your skin and make it look all shiney and nice, then this scene should help you with that

If you've got any questions then post them here and i'll see what i can do.
I'm not that good at 3DSM and this was a few hours of work for me. Alot of stuffing around and what not. Hope you all enjoy

Get it here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/thedruids/BF1scene.zip

I've also attached a screenshot to show you how it looks (with no skin on)
Attached images
BF1_preview.jpg
Four suggestions (it's hard to see on that small screenshot, so apologies if they're not applicable)

1. Check the smoothing groups of the sidewall and tread. They are different by default, and give you a harsh line on the edge of the tread.
2. The opacity of the sidewall logo isn't 100%, i.e. there is a faint grey bar going around even where there is no Michelin logo
3. Can you select the suspension, change the material to a new ID, and made a lightly shiny black/grey material, otherwise the suspension is the same colour as the wheels.
4. One of your materials, I forget the ID, should be black. It defines the colour of the side of the undertray and the seat area, as well as the intake internals.

Other than that looking good, and I'm sure it'll be a big help to those who don't know how to make stuff like this.
Pretty cool, thanks.

Render Chick is a bit sad though..... that I can’t get the paint to shine.

her right eye looks strange
Yea, she was kinda dogged out that my materials would not cooperate. Anyway, she’s now sportin a new shirt and I’m confident that her mood will improve along with my very limited knowledge of 3ds
Quote from alco64 :Hey guys,
Today i decided to convert a non brazil friendly BF1 scene so it looks as good as all the other brazil scenes out there. It works the same as the ds-auto brazil scenes, all you have to do is apply your skin and render away.

This may not be 100% perfect but for all of you who just want to render your skin and make it look all shiney and nice, then this scene should help you with that

If you've got any questions then post them here and i'll see what i can do.
I'm not that good at 3DSM and this was a few hours of work for me. Alot of stuffing around and what not. Hope you all enjoy

Get it here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/thedruids/BF1scene.zip

I've also attached a screenshot to show you how it looks (with no skin on)

how do you that? a silly question, but I want to know, about the render
#7 - joen
Quote from gp4racer :how do you that? a silly question, but I want to know, about the render

How do you do what? Creating a scene for your renders? Or use the scene he posted?
If it's the last, you just open the file in 3d studio max, apply a skin, hit render and you're done.
If it's the first, here's a tutorial: http://www.windos2k.com/home/download.php?view.30

Different car but the method is the same
Quote from joen :How do you do what? Creating a scene for your renders? Or use the scene he posted?
If it's the last, you just open the file in 3d studio max, apply a skin, hit render and you're done.
If it's the first, here's a tutorial: http://www.windos2k.com/home/download.php?view.30

Different car but the method is the same

about the render, i am going to see the tutorial
alco64, thanks man, that's great for a beginner like me!
Worked out the paint…

Thanks for the scene

Nice picture Thunder Child ... but the lighting angle seems to be wrong. If you look at the shadow on top right of the bridge, the light source is actually coming from the top right, but you light source is from the left and low angle.
man them pics are in thumbnails for me thunder
Quote from psychojuggalo17 :man them pics are in thumbnails for me thunder

Go to User CP (Top left) > Edit Options > And tick the box that is something to do with show images including [IMG] Codes

Or just remove the .th
that worked... thx
Although remove the .th work, but why not just provide the link to the full image?

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG