The online racing simulator
LFS's secret/hidden tracks.
(35 posts, started )
Quote from Bmxtwins :in my opinion updating south city runs the risk of completely ruining the track.

It's already been updated 2 or 3 times - no significant changes to routes (except a completely different pitlane), just more routes and more polish. I'd be surprised if the next update isn't more of the same.
i do not want the extension south city, because south city have configurations enough and there will smells FPS drop for many people (like me).
I agree with the integration of the old Westhill, creation of new tracks, old Westhill already done and we need new tracks ( something new to watching and learn). time spent on old tracks = the longer it takes to have a new track.

Dont take me wrong guys , just my view point.
FPS drops? I think Scawen put enough time into this last summer to fix any kind of performance problem. Everyone needs to wait on you until you find the time to upgrade your hardware?

Quote from Abone :Dont take me wrong guys , just my view point.

Fair enough, but it sounds wrong to me.

On mid-end PC which was a mid-end PC a few years ago ( Big grin ) I get (I think so, playing with frame limited to 100fps) over 400 fps on "old" tracks.. Often it just hits stable 500. I dunno what configuration is needed to have problem with getting stable 60fps. 1 GHz Duron and Geforce 5000 series? Problem of optimisation and hardware requirements is far, far away. It's 2016! Keep that in mind and take a test drive on Fern Bay in RB4.. or UF. I know, LFS (and every single game imo) hould look clean, but now it's not clean anymore, but rather empty and outdated.
New. The old is fine to me Smile
Well to be honest I didn't expect quite a large response from a lot of people. Smile
Quote from cargame.nl :FPS drops? I think Scawen put enough time into this last summer to fix any kind of performance problem. Everyone needs to wait on you until you find the time to upgrade your hardware?

Fair enough, but it sounds wrong to me.

my fps doesn't drop on south city, i mean after extend south city, you have good example about fps drop in westhill 2.0 ,in 3 places we already know, because westhill 2.0 is really big. fps especially drop in drift ( 90% more movements than in races) , in races i dont have any problems. you really right, i need upgrade my hardware. i dont cry about this, just one of reasons "i do not want the extension south city",im more focus in new tracks than extend old tracks, in my opinion is more important for now .
Quote from michal 1279 :To be honest, I prefer to have new tracks rather than updating existing ones. (new Westhill is awesome, but the old one was good too and I think it would be better to have old Westhill + brand new track with quality of new Westhill (2 tracks) rather than having just the updated 1).

Just my opinion...

EDIT: but just expanding existing South City is welcome Smile

+1

don't remove old track, just make upgrade or new one.

p.s. will be good to get back old westhill too.
Quote from cargame.nl :FPS drops? I think Scawen put enough time into this last summer to fix any kind of performance problem. Everyone needs to wait on you until you find the time to upgrade your hardware?

While I agree that a good amount of time was put into correcting performance issues, I still find it kind of odd that when you put a concentration of layout objects (50+) in direct view, fps drops significantly (150+ FPS drop). Hardware is not the issue either as I am running a FX 8320, 8GB RAM, and NVIDIA GTX 970.
Rockingham secret track.

LFS's secret/hidden tracks.
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG