The online racing simulator
notes about Pit exit warning / dynamic objects,lights etc
In response to various posts spread through multiple threads where it always bit OT..

Objects do not have an ID, but can be identified by their coordinates.
That is how something like this can work:
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86892
(Or the "road blocks" they have on some cruise-servers, where a 'police car' can deploy some barriers if player types some command. Then when the car drives away the barriers go away too. The insim can remember at which coordinates it placed objects, so it can delete objects at same coordinates too.)

Tires/cones do not have color as a property. Each color of tire/cone is a different object:
AXO_CONE_ORANGE
AXO_CONE_WHITE
AXO_CONE_YELLOW
AXO_CONE_YELLOW2
For the concrete objects it is different, they have color as one of their properties. (the others being length, width and so on)

All marshals are also the same object. The marshals use the flag-bytes to define which arm is lifted
// Flags byte :
// 01 = standing marshall
// 10 = marshall pointing left
// 11 = marshall pointing right

Rockingham pit exit:
There was some postings how it is unsafe, with rejoining cars into fast traffic blabla.
True, but cars from pitlane can simply...wait?
On some Blackwood-servers there already is a system that tells drivers if they have to wait with rejoining or can drive onto track. (in case drivers do not notice it on their own)
I would rather have to slow down a bit on pitexit or risk that every n-th race I have to dodge someone blindly driving on track, instead of having to see some ugly ramp every lap.

That could be expanded: Instead of text-messages some posters wanted traffic-lights that can be switched on/off.
Yes, nice idea, no doubt more objects is always good. But there exists a way that can be done now: Using a track marshal dude.
If it is unsafe to join the track, then he lifts his arm. And if the track is clear, then he lowers the arm. (Or turns around to point direction)
That would be done by deleting the high-arm-marshal and instantly putting at some position a low-arm-marshal. (same object-id, different flag-settings)

One small problem is that editing objects like this only works in multiplayer.
In singleplayer it goes out-of-sync when a car hits the edited objects.
I am not going to use marshalls to indicate if the track is clear or not. They look more retarded then a bridge, sorry.

And why do you say its off topic? It's about Rockingham? This thread is a bit off topic because you do not say anything new. Or I don't understand you, also possible Smile

This thread is more or less saying; sit still and don't progress. Eehrrm, I don't agree with that. Well, it's ok, but then nothing happens @the userbase also.
I used your bridge-picture, but it is more general to all who maybe are interessted in this. This stuff was coming up in some threads by different posters and I wanted to reply, but not everywhere at once. (the newest test-patches are about hotlapping checks, so does not belong there imo.)

Quote :This thread is more or less saying; sit still and don't progress.

Ah no. Tilt
Everyone has suggestion and wishes. (me too, my 'wish list thread' is here: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88037 ) Wishing is good but figuring out how to use existing possibilites is good too.
Safety pit RO7
I give up.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG