The online racing simulator
New hotlap checking system - Out Of Bounds
Dear Hotlappers,

As it is possible to cut corners on some of the Rockingham configurations, we recently implemented a corner cutting check system. This is available in Test Patch 0.6K2. It works by triggering an HLVC failure "out of bounds" if your car is a few metres off the intended course on the inside of the bend.

This will promote fairer competition by ensuring that hotlappers remain on the legal area of the track! We have already reprocessed the existing Rockingham hotlaps at LFS World and removed 80 hotlaps that went out of bounds. If one of yours was removed you should have received an email about it. We recommend you use Test Patch 0.6K2 so you know if your hotlap is HLVC legal according to the new rules.

Hotlaps on some of the older tracks will also be affected, but not yet. During this testing stage we are still using the 0.6K version to check hotlaps on the other tracks.

NOTE: We expect to release a minor update of Rockingham in January and it is likely to make all hotlaps go OOS (EDIT: I mean all the Rockingham ones). So please do have some fun hotlapping but don't take it too seriously at this stage! Smile
Taped Shut Damn none of Eza's laps are invalid.
Thanks for the update ;
If pretty much everything is going OOS, will the ones uploaded up to that point be archived (not the SPRs, just the timing data) or be lost forever?
It's only the Rockingham ones that would go OOS, because it's only Rockingham that will be updated in this patch - we aren't planning a car physics change at the moment. I've edited the original post to make that clear.

Many different types of change that Eric could make might make the replays go OOS. Most obviously if he changes any road surface.

I don't think we will archive the 0.6K replays in that case as one month isn't a long enough era to archive the results. But maybe a timing archive would be a nice to have when the new tyre physics update is out.
This is corners a normal?
Attached files
aanrus_RO9_FXO.spr - 10.3 KB - 244 views
#6 - Litro
#8 - Litro
OK. Thank You!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG