(15 posts, started )

Poll : I want to beat porsche on ducati

Closed since :
no
yes
Vale Vale Rossi in LFS S3?
hello

I bought new machine, its Ducati 998R that can do stand still wheeliee

BEcause cars only do not work for lfs anymore.. it is good idea to put motorcycles in!

If you want, buy here:
http://motorbike-simulator.com/en/home/rent-or-buy/

very friendly ppls!

Who dont like Porsche vs Ducati race? vote now
#2 - lfsrm
F16 cockpit too please, so I can beat both of them!
The bars turn the wrong way to initiate a change in lean angle and end up pointed in a direction that would be suitable only for very low speeds.

From the rider's perspective, the g forces you feel on this thing from the bike leaning over to the side are not accurate. On a motorbike, the majority of the cornering acceleration felt by the rider goes straight through the bike's vertical axis, which follows the lean angle, pushing the rider into the seat, not off the bike to the side.
Can we have a bicycle in lfs?
Whatever you're smoking, I need some.
How about wheelbarrow?
shopping trolley
Somewhat related:

Made me realise that the only bike racing sim that really took off is almost 17 - remember GP500?

Sadly the lack of a realistic and mass-producted controller will always be a limiting factor I guess.

I remember that once iRacing mentioned bikes in a customer poll, but I guess it was more an interest check rather than anything serious - even they are wise enough not to get into such murky watersWink
GPBikes is a must ! It has some flaws, of course, but clearly a simulation really enjoyable. But if Scawen is willing to compete with, no issue ! I am pretty sure LFS would rock !
Note that some proper bike for rallycross tracks should be included then Tongue
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Somewhat related:

Made me realise that the only bike racing sim that really took off is almost 17 - remember GP500?

Sadly the lack of a realistic and mass-producted controller will always be a limiting factor I guess.

I remember that once iRacing mentioned bikes in a customer poll, but I guess it was more an interest check rather than anything serious - even they are wise enough not to get into such murky watersWink

Hah, I made this. Good to see people still remember it. I wasn't good enough at coding to release a standalone version of this mod, and I didn't have a proper motorcycle model, otherwise I'd have shared it. As far as I know, I was the only one who successfully made a motorcycle in LFS. Cool
I've said it for years: I'd be all over a bike in LFS.
Quote from Forbin :I've said it for years: I'd be all over a bike in LFS.

LFS does support motorbikes. As you may know, there are a few cartypes in LFS, and cartype 0 is classified as 'bike'. It modifies your car in a few ways: it gives the car a set of motorcycle tyres with a round-ish top, turning your wheel controls the lean angle and it changed a few engine parameters.

It's been a few years, but if I recall correctly I centered all suspension, changed the front suspension to 'front fork' and the rear to 'trailing arm', zero'd the spacer lengths and some more suspension components. I then moved the fuel tank, engine, driver and some other weights to the center. I used a glass plate as a surrogate model, as I didn't have a real motorbike model to work with.It was quite difficult to find all these in the memory, and it took months to get a real working bike. This was an attempt at replicating a Harley Davidson, with similar specs etc. Unfortunately, as LFS progressed, I couldn't update my mods to later versions and I abandoned the project.

If Scavier wanted to, they could easily release bikes with S3.
Would love to see this running in a modern release. How about shifting weight for leaning, would that be possible?
Quote from Bose321 :Would love to see this running in a modern release. How about shifting weight for leaning, would that be possible?

It's not absolutely necessary. IRL, it merely helps to generate that little extra lateral acceleration.
Quote from Bose321 :Would love to see this running in a modern release. How about shifting weight for leaning, would that be possible?

LFS shifts the weight for you, but only left and right.

Vale Vale Rossi in LFS S3?
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG