The online racing simulator
Hi guys, quick question?
(8 posts, started )
Hi guys, quick question?
i have just upgraded to s3, and been here on and off for a while. just bought a wheel and pedals and the game is so much better now Smile, anyway, i work full time and have 4 kids so no longer get the time to play these games and really learn the tracks, like many years ago, so i thought i'd play the ovals (Don't shoot me down, they can be fun! Smile anyway just paid a little to run as a host and hopefully get an oval league up and running, so my question is, is it as straight forward as booting up and simply starting as a host, or is there alot more i need to know? thanks in advance for any help given. Smile

see you in the wall

Rob
One of the most important things when hosting a server can be found at lfs\docs\commands.txt
Otherwise - I advise to join other leagues,look how everything is being done,learn what you think is good and learn from mistakes from other hosts.
thanks for the reply, and wow that makes no sense to lol!! so i guess my real question is can i host a series without knowing all that? i just want to get a few people together at the same time and race flat out ovals for a bit of fun Smile
Quote from Roboze :is it as straight forward as booting up and simply starting as a host, or is there alot more i need to know?

Depending how serious you want to get there is: results, points table, looking at crash reports, homepage, racing rules, reports, uploading the replays, statistics, video livestream, safety car driver, teamspeak server..
Well, there is no upper limit of course for such things.

Quote :so i guess my real question is can i host a series without knowing all that?

At minimum it needs some basic commands: How to start quali & race, set the number of laps, re-order the startgrid and so on.
That is not difficult at all. The main difference is that for racing with friends it does not matter if everything takes 10 minutes and only works on third try. But others might think otherwise. Wink

Eclipsed's advice seems good. Much easier to get into things with an existing group. Otherwise it would be overwhelming. I think there is always demand for helpers although the only league (to my knowledge) that actively 'offers jobs' is cityliga.de with postings like this.
That allows you to concencrate on the things that interest you.

This group sometimes runs oval: https://www.lfs.net/forum/418-Fragmaster's-Fox-Friday - Ask in ts?
For finding a few people to play around in oval that might be good place.
First of all, you did the right thing by asking before doing. The mistake most people make when planning leagues is by not thinking ahead. The advice in this thread is good and if you need any help or advice with organising such a league or just a few pointers here and there, definitely do not be afraid to ask. If you need anything in particular, drop me a message and I'll be happy to help. Good luck!
Thx for the help guys, i will look into things a bit more Smile
ok me again, is anyone interested in helping set this up? i'll happily pay for the hosting costs, if a couple of people want to join in as admins and help teach me/or run the events? if we get interest i'll set up a facebook page, so we can all plan this out. thinking a fun series not to serious, but obvious crashers are not welocme and will be removed. simple tracks, maybe one more of a challenge track involved in the season, just to mix things up a bit. maybe a coulple of practice nights mid week and race on sundays......maybe a point for fastest lap at practice? just thinking of ideas, anymore more than welcome Smile
Quote from Roboze :i work full time and have 4 kids so no longer get the time to play these games and really learn the tracks, like many years ago, so i thought

It takes more time (far more time) to manage a league / server then to drive around on tracks occasionally .. With four children I would know what I would do. Spend the time different.

Hi guys, quick question?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG