The online racing simulator
Star Wars VII: Spoilers
(30 posts, started )
Anyone else just had their mind blown? Incredible film.
#2 - lfsrm
The only thing that I can see is not the film, but the huge brainwash marketing campaign on every tech website!
Very disappointed. Probably the worst Star Wars film so far.
Never seen a star wars movie previously but loved playing the games for years.
So my knowledge of who's who wasn't great and was a bit confusing to start off with, but eventually picked it all up.

Thoroughly enjoyed it! The big media outburst & advertising did raise my hopes a bit more than it should of. (Wasn't the best movie i've ever seen)

Anyway... Poor Chewy, I hope Rey looks after him well Frown
#5 - heson
A genuinely non horrible movie, probably the best since Return of the Jedi (even though I liked Anakin's journey to the dark side)

The Sith enforcer of this movie was not great, a lame Sith with a Vader complex aligns fine with ep2&ep3 but I sincerely hope they can get some real badass for the next movie. A comback as a cyborg Ren would still be too lame and also way too much Vader complex.

And I do not want it to be Rey, mostly since I sure do not want to see another turning to the dark side saga, but She is badass enough. Captain Phasma maybe?

They should have skipped 3d when they could not commit to the needed framerate, or maybe it was just the cinema I was in that was badly tuned. I had a horrible headache the last 30 minutes.

Finally, did Luke really put the helmet back on Vader before leaving the death star, thinking about the Anakin skull artefakt. (yes it looks cool but...)
I thought ren was perfect for the "torn" roll. Hopefully next movie he unleaashes the rage since he has now killed his father. Personally thought he was a good character.
Right so when he butchered the command deck and the torture chair (of which the storm troopers about faced)there wasnt enough rage lol? I thought it was a good movie. Ren was supposed to be a throwback to vader as he is his grandson and wants to be like vader (not anakin). The true villain is Snoke, not Ren... He will probably be redeemed.
Yes Heson, it was on him when Luke burned him on the pyre at the end of ROTJ - hence the melted quality in Ep 7.

I thought the Ren character was quite interesting and it will be fun to see how he develops from the torn wannabe badass with an inferiority complex.

Lots of complaints that the Starkiller subplot was unoriginal, but it was secondary to the main parts of the film and was merely a device to fulfil certain requirements - cripple the Republic, provide some tension (destroy or be destroyed), show more of Poe being all swashbuckling etc.

The role this film had to fulfil was to set up the next two. This was done as we have the classic two on two in Dark v Light - Snoke and Ren against Luke and his daughter.
So Storm, you say Luke's daughter, any sauce? I mean, I believe she's his daughter but I still have to read an official article or something that truly believes that.

As for Kylo Ren, I thought he was a pussy, or maybe it was because I was expecting a huge bad ass... I just hope he is meaner in the next movie.
As far as speculation goes Rey could be Luke's daughter or a young padawan he send to safety.

Kylo seems very talented, but still stuck in puberty's rage
Star Wars is about family. Rey is no random force sensitive.
Indeed! And the sable calls her Wink
Great movie Smile A little disappointed in the choice of the large plot line, and disappointed that they apparently didn't follow Lucas's original movie plans for Episode 7. I feel like Lucas's choice would have been better than Disney's for the universe at large.

However, the smaller scale, more important plot lines were better than I could have hoped Smile That's what makes this movie Smile
May i ask, what is the original plotline for ep. 7?
No one knows. All that was said was disney bought lucas arts and the script for ep. 7, but decided to write their own script and uncanonise everything from books and video games.
The above post is correct Smile

Factually, this is what happens.

#19 - Eric
I liked the film, still enjoyable to watch as a decent action movie.

However, I do agree that it is too samey as the originals and borrows too heavily.

1. Lonely kid from a desert planet - check.
2. Dark masked baddie - check.
3. Cloaked mysterious dark lord - check.
4. Death Star - check.
5. Trench run finale - check (waaaaaaay too similar).

So yeah, I still enjoyed the movie, but they had so much more scope for originality. The old skool vibe definitely worked to bring the film back to what we all enjoy, I just wished they had at least not re-used a death star and trench run....I mean really....really.
Quote from Eric :Yep.

And George Lucas had to be the one to say it, because if a black man had said it, it would fall on deaf ears.

I didn't post the link because of the slave reference, it was everything else that caught my eye that Lucas said. I changed the link after you posted. MSN is a sensationalist publication service.
#22 - Eric
No probs. Smile

My point still stands about the slave reference, though.
Absolutely. It was strange, and probably should not have been said. I can see why he is disappointed, but he didn't want to continue making Star Wars movies, so he has little reason to complain. It's his fault in the first place. He should not have sold his "children" to "white slavers."

If he would have written in the sale contract that his scripts were to be used in the contract, (or something of that sort) and accepted a lower sale price (as Disney would have required) he wouldn't be talking about this in this light.
Mind blown?

Pretty good popcorn movie. Paint by numbers but it did look visually brilliant. It's the kinda film that hypnotises you at the cinema, but you watch it home and think "huh, thought it was a bit better from memory"
#25 - SamH
I enjoyed it. A lot. Yeah, it's a partial reboot but there are good reasons for that. I definitely feel invested in the main protagonists, which is necessary for Ep 8 onwards.

After the prequels I was feeling pretty low. Ep 2 was the first time I've ever fallen asleep in the cinema. I managed to make it through Ep 3, but only just.

It was nice to see someone else get in the chair and breathe some fire on the story, and the departure from greenscreen sets definitely highlighted how much and how devastating an effect the "working" environment can be on an actor's performance. Pretty sure that Ep 1-3 were about filling Lucas's bank account. At no point had I got the impression that he was at all passionate about telling the story in those films.

Lucas did the right thing by selling to Disney, and he's very rich as a result. Having watched the whole interview, he seems fairly pragmatic about what's happening and he's okay with it. Like he said, it's a lot like divorce (or any break-up). It's necessary to make a clean break. Separation is not necessarily always acrimonious. I don't think it is in this case either. All the allusions to a bitter/angry Lucas are just click-bait. There's nothing to see there.

(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG