The online racing simulator
DIY H-shifter made from joystick.
Hello!
I recently decided to build a h-shifter from a joystick. I use a logitech 3d pro as a base, and i want to use it with FF Shifter software. The problem is, the joystick is working with the software perfectly, locks in gears and everything. But when i open for example LFS, TDU, TDU2, or any other game that supports manual h-shifers, the joystick just snaps out of gear, becomes soft, and the games does not recognise it. It just takes it as x,y normal axes. What am i doing wrong? Maybe you guys tried this before. How do i actually configue this thing correctly? Is there any key combination i have to press when in game, so that activates the software?
If i open notepad, and shift through gears, it shows buttons from 0 to 5 being pressed (or letters, depend what i assign in ffshifter). I go in game, and assign first gear to buttton 0 on keyboard, second gear to button 2 and so on. But the joystick does nothing. It is soft, and doesn't lock in place as it should do, to change the gears.
Any ideas?
If it's not the right section of the forum to ask, i am sorry, and ask the admin to move it.

Thanks!
Hope that you are getting it work! Im planning to make something like that in future! not yet planned what kind joystick i will use. I just modifyied my steering wheel so that's a good start! Smile put some pictures too!
Hi! I made it, it's working perfect now. Absolutely perfect! and it's amazing, driving really improves when you can shift gears like this.
I had no idea what the key combination was to activate the Ffshifter software in game, so that's why the joystick didn't locked the gears. Start the software, stat the game, and when you are ready to drive, press ctrl+1, and the software activates. Works like a charm! I will also post some pics soon. I made a improvised box for it, with a h-pattern on top, so it's easier to go through gears.
In the future, i will make a handbrake mod and a gaming chair aswell.

@jonttu88, if you want to make something similar, use a force feedback joystick, otherwise in will not work. If you have questions, i can help you! Have a great day!
I have an extra gamepad.. interested in how I could mod that to be a handbrake. crafting the mechanism would be easy, curious about the software.
great you get it work!! thanks mate! Smile
Quote from Bmxtwins :I have an extra gamepad.. interested in how I could mod that to be a handbrake. crafting the mechanism would be easy, curious about the software.

Button-handbrake or analog axis?
Both does not need special software, you can configure it in lfs.

DIY H-shifter made from joystick.
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG