The online racing simulator
Mouse lagg/problems
(23 posts, started )
Mouse lagg/problems
Hello guys

I have encountered a problem over the last few weeks with my mouse lagging whislt in game playing LFS.
Over the past week i have upgraded my PC in hope the issue would of be resolved.

PC spec is as follows

Graphics card = GeForce GTX 750ti
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 4460 CPU @ 3.20Ghz
8.00gb Ram
motherboard = ASUS H81 Plus

The above has all been done this week in my PC.

I can race on LFS not a problem, however i get intermediate lagg from my mouse, and it will not respond in game whislt racing. I really am dumfounded as to what could be causing this issue

LFS is a clean install the past week, so it cant be that, and it was also happening before a clean install too. I have tried 5 seperate different mouse.

If any one can shed some lite on why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou
Is it a new mouse? Because I know you can smack them around if not cooperating Big grin

So lets rephrase this; did you try a different mouse?
I have lost count how many different mouse i have used to try and solve the problem, and ive smacked erm hard on the mouse mat to get it to work and solve the lagg Frown
But they are all wireless? The thing is that I can hardly believe it's a system malfunction. Maybe a driver but then you also should have problems with a stuck mouse pointer while browsing the internet.
No, not wireless, they are all connected to back of PC
It only happens in LFS, no other time
All drivers are up to date
It does not happen immediatly either, it starts to occur/happen after i have been racing on LFS for about 2 hrs
Interesting... Do you have FPS indicator on? Does it give the same values always? => Too make sure the system is not overheating.

Otherwise I start to think the mouse is overheating ( Big grin ) but more seriously maybe you have a power supply problem. You replaced a lot it seems but not the power supply unit.
That was also changed too, new power supply in Smile

I dont get any FPS drops, it stay between 400 - 600 FPS
Bad bad:[ buy wheel xD
Bad Bad , can't use wheel (well i could if used paddle shifters).

I have changed a few settings in options/graphics, lets hope it will help to solve the issue
The mouse mat is clean

That is not the cause, its the button ontop of the mouse mouse, that are causing the lagg issues.

1) 5 new mouse have been used at it happens to all 5 new ones
2) All drivers are up to date
3) New motherboard (thinking it was the ports causing the issue)

I have change a few settings in LFS options, i will be racing tonight, so will see if this may of cured the problem or not
The mouse pointer stays hidden?
Yeh, thats not on the screen
You fixed it by replacing video card some bird told me.

(I asked this mouse pointer question because some InSim maker can make a mistake influencing the mouse as a result)
I thought i had fixed it as had no problems when playing yesterday, until about 11pm last night.
It lagged and was unable to use the buttons to change gears.

I am totally lost as to what is causing this problem Frown
I ran out of ideas too.. But what is lag? Lag means that it actually changes gear but in a delayed fashion. Is that correct? Or actually nothing happens at all?

What happens if it 'lags' in a corner? You crash? In other words, gets steering affected also..?
The lagg im experiencing is from the left and right buttons on the mouse.

They lagg for about 10 seconds, and in that time im unable to change gears using the left and right button. After about 11 seconds it rights itself and then able to use the button functions again. This only happens in LFS, not other programs or games i use.

I can still steer the car, i just can't change gears.
Only thing I can imagine is that some strange setting or hotkey.
Like how sometimes one enables capslock and then all the passwords are wrong Wink
Or how sometimes people accidently press the hotkeys to switch language in windows and then wonder why the keys are all wrong. Something like that, just with mouse...but I can not think of any related setting. Do you use Logitech Clickpoint software? Or maybe Windows option Click-Lock is enabled?
Clicklock option is unticked, I have tried with both the untick and ticked option and this did not solve the problem either Frown . I have been searching the net hoping to find a solution to the problem, as of yet nothing.
Can you try the same software setup on another machine?
you have tried this slicer like in my print screen? if not, test and tell me if solved problem.
Attached images
aaa.jpg
Next question, What OS ?? Is it 10 ???

Does the lag happen online, or offline ???

10 does do some really retarded things with your interwebby etc, You have rulled out a specific mouse etc, so all thats left is the PC. Are you torrenting, recording movies, have a sibling doing something on your interwebby connection ? etc, etc....

It sounds like your playing online, is that right ?

It's a pc problem that your having, so you need to look at EVERY option Smile

Mouse lagg/problems
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG