The online racing simulator
Finer wing adjustments
(33 posts, started )
Finer wing adjustments
Hello

I'd like to suggest an improvement for something that's been haunting me for a longer time now: the wing settings!
Hopefully this hasn't been suggested before, but I couldn't find anything doing a quick search.
I find that changing the wing angle in 1° steps is often a night or day difference and lets you decide between horrible understeer or oversteer in fast corners. And since the effects of a 1° change for front/rear don't seem to be totally linear, changing the overall downforce necessarily leads to a change in the car's balance.
Sometimes you feel you just need a tad more downforce at the rear or the front but you can't set it because you'd screw the whole balance of the car. Mostly the tires, the suspension and everything else depend on these settings. Changing the downforce settings requires a rework of the rest of the setup.

So would it be asking too much to be able to adjust the wings in at least 0.5° or even 0.25° steps? I think they do it IRL, I've once seen it happen in the F1, when the team told their driver via team radio they had given him 0.25° more front wing during a pit stop.

biggie
#2 - Lible
+1

Very, very good suggestion.
Yea, I totally agree. If you want +1 wing at the front now, you also need to add +2 at the rear.. That is +3, which is quite a lot.
I've encountered the problem myself, so +1
+0,25% to this suggestion!

No seriously: good plan.
Yes, I agree so much that it isn't funny anymore !
+2
#7 - joen
hahaha that's funny!

...sorry, yes i agree!

totally agree Biggie. Great plan
Yeah, half wing angles would be great. Changing the wing angle by 1 degree can make a huge difference to feel when you're close to being neutral (but even without crossing from understeer to oversteer).
#10 - Gunn
The balance between front and rear values might be easier to optimise as well if smaller increments were available.

*hmm, reading my statement back I seem to have lost my original point and really just reiterated previous comments.
I have felt that this would be nice many times myself while tweaking
Good suggestion!
+5! :iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

(even though I havent got S2 it would bee good for when i get it!)
I have nothing to add.

well maybe + 0.25 or so, Good idea.
This is actually one of the few suggestions I feel strongly enough about to voice my own support. It's almost a shame it doesn't need it.

+1
+1
I've never really thought of this until now, it's a good suggestion! RL racers often have a "quarter turn" or whatever on their wings when they pit. 0.25 degrees could make a noticeable difference somewhere like WH or the longer KY or AS tracks :up:
+1

Fo' shizzle
#18 - wark
I think biggie knows what he's talking about.
This thread has been dead for a while.

For long time i was wondering when it would become possible to have finer control over the wing settings. Today i really needed it with doing a few laps wih fo8 at as grand prix rev... So i searched the forum and found this thread.

I think finer wing settings should be easy to implement so please... give.. us finer wing adjustments

+ a lot
Yes, it has been dead for a while. obviously some people dont know anything about setups (me:shy, But if it helps biggie get more records, +6
-1, Biggie is fast enough as-is!

+1.
Definitely needed.
I want there to be ailerons and elevators on the wing, so that I can change the downforce while I'm driving, and roll the car slightly when I am going around the oval.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I want there to be ailerons and elevators on the wing, so that I can change the downforce while I'm driving, and roll the car slightly when I am going around the oval.

Sarcasm-o-meter just exploded :bananadea
Unless of course you're serious

Finer wing adjustments
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG