The online racing simulator
Mountain Biking
(13 posts, started )
Mountain Biking
Anyone else here into mountain biking?

I got a new bike at Christmas time and have set off on a couple upgrades:
1) A set of SPD's, I used them in my BMX racing days and that was a pretty easy adjustment.

2) More recently a 2004(?) Manitou Minute 2:00 SPV Evolve fork. Looks pretty much unused. A lot nicer than the stock Suntour that came with it, but still trying to figure out the settings on it.

Came up with this video after some riding today and one older clip.

Attached images
11334323_10203082121452822_350573107_n.jpg
Yeah I've been mountain biking for almost a year now. The trials around here are pretty hardcore, so the learning curve was high, but you learn so much so fast. Do you just cruise around like in your video, or are you also working on setting quicker times?
I also do quite a lot of mountain biking, as well as some stuff on skateparks Smile
For now I have a normal Scott XC bicycle with 19" frame (a bit too big) and RS Reba with 115mm travel. Even though it's just an ordinary XC stuff I try to push all trails to its (and bicycle's) limits Smile
I'm considering buing some more advanced bicycle (Enduro, maybe slopestye/freeride one?) in the future if I manage to get some free cash to spend.

Here's my video showing pretty much exciting trail on a scarp in my neighbourhood, almost like a white trail in Arizona hehe Big grin
(skip to 1:00 to bypass uphill climb)

And here's quite an old video of my skatepark riding on a 24" MTB

PS. nice Gopro mount, Bmxtwins Smile Thought the recorded video would be more shaky. Is it original Gopro exuipment?
Quote from R@fiXII :
I'm considering buing some more advanced bicycle (Enduro, maybe slopestye/freeride one?) in the future if I manage to get some free cash to spend.

What about a downhill bike? Or maybe just make your own bike and built it for your purposes, look for good deals. Look used... full suspension frames, find a good deal on a fork.. have fun with it?
Quote from R@fiXII :
PS. nice Gopro mount, Bmxtwins Smile Thought the recorded video would be more shaky. Is it original Gopro exuipment?

I used a brake booster that came with the fork (like this: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=238317). I put the extension arm around it, like I would a mount and fed the bolt through the extension hole and through the hole on the brake booster. I stuck a normal gopro screw through and added a nut to the back. Then I added one more extension arm to put it forward more, and I cut this one so the camera could sit straight up. So basically 2 extension arms, 3 screws, and a brake booster. 100% home made idea, just using aftermarket extensions that I got cheap with an official gopro screw.

I think it rattled because of the waterproof casing touching the brake booster, maybe I can take it off, or put a rubber washer between the extension and the brake booster.
#6 - Phsx2
Well, seems like an appropriate time to jump in...
https://instagram.com/p/1ikkm8P5PF/

O also, R@fiXII go for an 'enduro' (All-Mountain) bike. They're awesome, they go up hills easily enough and smiles for days on the downs. Yes, a pure DH sled would be a little quicker but, good luck pedalling back up the hills.
My college is on a slope, so I start at the top, then 2miles (10-15 minutes) later youve done an entire campus tour.
Quote from Texpelt88 :My college is on a slope, so I start at the top, then 2miles (10-15 minutes) later youve done an entire campus tour.

It takes you 10 minutes to ride 2 miles down a hill? XD
I doubt you're much faster judging from the videos. Shy
Quote from Bose321 :I doubt you're much faster judging from the videos. Shy

I average 20 mph on flat terrain on a distance pace. What I was riding was not flat, it was elevated, rutty and rooted lol
Quote from Bmxtwins :
Quote from Texpelt88 :My college is on a slope, so I start at the top, then 2miles (10-15 minutes) later youve done an entire campus tour.

Thats slower than someone running lol
Quote from Mustangman759 :
Quote from Bmxtwins :

Thats slower than someone running lol

Hehe, forgot about the uphill climbs. Rerun needed.
my latest video:

Mountain Biking
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG