The online racing simulator
After Race Chat - 4th June
What can i say.. Nice turnout.. clean race. Was nice
yep was fun and a nice start to LFS was my first real race and was a great experience even tho i crashed a kazillion times which started after catching the chicane's last kerb and flippping over in the 20th lap area

ah well clean race was nice
Good race for me finished 1st.
Had good fight with Dadge for some laps until he made a stunt (too bad for you Dadge).

SCCC's are old but not dead ))
Basicly what he said^

P.s Sorry to anyone who I might have slowed down during turns with blue flag active
Grats to the winners!

I was 4th on server 1 and my NET crashed (in lap 30).

AAAaaahhhhhh.:weeping:
I had one of my best races ever, wasn't expecting a podium .

@Vain: You are one of the fun and clean regulars that make the ATC 60 lap GPs fun to drive, but today I just couldn't help but get a little annoyed with you

I understand you got kinda frustrated driving around me, being faster and all. But you were quite some laps down and I was just catching up to Weed who I really wanted to catch. "Fighting" you cost me valuable seconds, hence the honking...

So sorry, hope we can fight for position next time we meet.
clean!, well i suppose it wasn't intentional but i did have an arse of a race due to my 'coming together' with spyshagg on L5, don't think it was his fault but i went from 12th (ish) to 20th and had to crawl back up through the field. I couldn't settle into a nice rythm after that. Oh well at least i finished

i had a nice battle with Colt for about 30 laps, and managed to get to 9th before dropping to 13th after i had to pit (5% short on fuel) on lap 52

I'm not too fussed about my final position - I learnt a lot in the process and will be back for the next GP stronger than ever!

Well done backmarkers! Good drive by all
#8 - Vain
I had a great race, it was loads of fun.
I qualified 7th behind Dadge because I forgot to make a quali-setup and didn't bother to change it now.
The first 5 or 6 laps were an absolute blast, very close racing in a tightly packed field and lots of overtaking. Then Dadge clipped into me because of lag and I rocketed away and landed on the roof. I warped into the pits to not interfere with anyone's races. Dadge was very nice because he unblocked messages to listen wether I wanted to comment and then he allowed me to rejoin the race. Very good action Dadge!
I rejoined the race and measured my position. I counted about 15 seconds (+5/6 laps) distance between me and the 3rd (who lead the main field to that time). With nothing else to do I began driving what the car had to offer. I overtook one after another driver until I was in the bumper of Bob and Weed, the third and fourth of the race around lap 50 (I can't measure exactly, because I was some laps down). They were uncomfortable with me overtaking them (because they still wanted to fight out 3rd place) so I played drop and catch. Drop a second behind, catch up within 3 laps, drop behind, catch up. That went on until the end of the race.
Except the last 10 laps it was an extremely nice race. The lap 6 incident actually turned it for the better because the first two drivers had a big gap between them and only after 3rd the field was a bit more tight. If I hadn't rejoined I would have run about 50 laps all by myself. So thanks Dadge!
Oh, and I pulled a new pb. 1:15:67 on R3.

[Edit]@Bob:
When I saw that you were merely standing in my way (sorry for saying so, but it describes the situation very well) I planned to overtake you and pull away, which would have lost you a lot less time than always bothering about that car in the rear mirror. I know from myself that a car directly behind you always unsettles you.
Anyway, it was some clean action! Big respect for that!
(And it's not like we're driving for league-points, we're just driving for the fun we have in the race.)
Oh, and I forgot one thing:
I sometimes meet people online who just honk to make someone notice that they're beside them. If you'd said "bf" on the straight I would have known that you wanted me to yield earlier.
[/Edit]

Vain
My race was rather quiet. I qualified for third, behind Darkone and B11tme. For the first few laps I was battling my team mate B11tme for second place, after a few atempts I managed to pass him. But by this time Darkone had already gained a large lead over us. I was consistenlty getting mid to high 15's but Darkone was even quicker.
I stopped around lap 36, I was hoping to have a one second pitstop, but due to damage it went on for 6 or 7 seconds, which possibly cost me to finish in second place. When Darkone pitted I got very excited, it looked like we were going to meet at T1, but he still had a rather comfortable lead.
For the last 10 laps my tyres were extremtly cold, and they kept getting colder, so I had to slow right down, luckily B11tme had to aswell so I could hold onto second place. All in all it was a good race, the backmarkers did a super job of letting us leaders pass. And I'm happy my connection didn't give up on me this time.

I will work on the results pics tonight. Hopefully get Server 2 results up. If someone sends me the server 1 qualifying results or replay and the race replay I will have that up tomorrow.
This was a superb race. As Cropsy said, I build up quite a gap. At the time Cropsy stopped it was about 7 seconds. Last few laps before my stop were very bad. I was pushing too hard in sector one, and not enough in sector 2 and 3. Had to cut the chicane a few times, and that caused a lot of damage.

Then I went in for my stop, I said to myself; take it easy, you got the time, take it easy.

But I didn't, I braked too late so I had to drive backwards 1m (:P) and then the repairing costed quite some time. At the exit I looked on the map if there was anyone close to me. Didn't look like it so I gave it all on the exit, and yes, I still was 2 seconds in front. Pfiew. Last few laps I took easy because Cropsy wasn't going very fast anymore.

And the backmarkers did a great job too!

Thanks Franky!
Great race i though...very clean and was alot of decent drivers on the 2nd server. I was real pleased with 2nd place in quali with a 1.15.12 and a new pb and all i done was change something with the set on the last 5 min of quali. Start of the race was great and me and cropsy had a great battle but i just laid off because last thing we wanted was to hit each other and take us both out. I had to really lay off the pace because of tyres and last night in training i got 2 flats and cost me badly and i was not going to repeat that in todays race. I am also very pleased for my team for getting good results as its the firs time we have had multiple team members in a event so good job team Thanks for hosting a great event.
That was the most nerve racking, sweaty, intense, ache bringing bit of racing ever!

I finished 6th on server 2, i didnt expect to do that well as i was trying my best to not piss anyone off by crashing, i cant believe i did 59 laps without flipping or going off the track. i think i put two wheels on the dirt once! and i went wide in T1 twice! bloody lucky if you ask me. I went into pit at lap 33 and was sure that if i came out of the pits behind teazr he would leave me behind, but i started gaining on him! i put some pressure on made a move or two and finally got him on lap 53 or something, wow what a buzz! I shall spent most of tonight resting my hand and watching the replay to see what else happened.

Thank you ATC, you really put a huge smile on my face today.
That was just brilliant, for my first ATC grand prix i only wanted to have a clean and fair race (hope i succeded).I had a nice fight with The afro (too bad you had a crash) and finished 9 th ,well not so bad for a stuntman.
Thanks to the ATC team ,that was a nice job.
I would like to claim Worst Luck award, I joined to take Bandits place with no practice at all i just fueled it to the end and crossed my fingers. First lap SCCC decided to forget how to use the steering (i saw 2 off wide at the chicane) i then got suspension damage in the resulting accident. Then i had to pit on lap 1 and make repairs that cost 10 seconds ontop of my usual stop time of...nothing

Then it was 58 laps pushing hard as i could, and i got up into 3rd thanks to dadges little roll. Last lap turn 1 i locked my front left a tiny amount and my tire let go, i tried holding off bob but couldn't stop the car in the next turn, got out of the gravel then tried to limp back for 5th place but then my other tire let go and i was stuck in the gravel 3 turns from the finish...then 'ATC Quicksilver did not finish.'
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would like to claim Worst Luck award, I joined to take Bandits place with no practice at all i just fueled it to the end and crossed my fingers. First lap SCCC decided to forget how to use the steering (i saw 2 off wide at the chicane) i then got suspension damage in the resulting accident. Then i had to pit on lap 1 and make repairs that cost 10 seconds ontop of my usual stop time of...nothing

Then it was 58 laps pushing hard as i could, and i got up into 3rd thanks to dadges little roll. Last lap turn 1 i locked my front left a tiny amount and my tire let go, i tried holding off bob but couldn't stop the car in the next turn, got out of the gravel then tried to limp back for 5th place but then my other tire let go and i was stuck in the gravel 3 turns from the finish...then 'ATC Quicksilver did not finish.'

That is unlucky
i had a great race, had a slight tap on t1 but that left me 59.9 laps to make up lost time i didn't ententionally hit you vain, sorry it cost you track time. but on the plus side, i was catching the leader (lake) at a slow but steady rate and i know i had load of laps to catch up. i had a few great laps with WEED at the start of my push and i tried to get him to follow me but i think he had a few near misses. eventually i was behind bob (i think) and i wanted to push him so he would over heat his tyres and my pass would be easier, i think i did it ok. then it was onto lake who by this time was 6 second infront and dropping slowly. then in lap 33 i think he pitted, i knew he would be changing most of his tyres and he would have a small bit of damage (going by how you rode the curb at the 1st chicane). so i stayed out an extra lap and made my stop. i only had small damage and only 2 tyres changed (6 seconds) and off i went. i pulled out of the pits and guess who was just infront of me? yeah SCCC LAKE so the battle started (i didn't think MIKI would win because he had to pit)for what seemed like forever and on lap 46 i took too much curb on the 1st chicane and over i went. all in all i lost 26 seconds (had to pit to repair suspension failure on FR).

i had loads of fun guys, thanks

I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME LAKE.
Quote from Vain :@Bob:
When I saw that you were merely standing in my way (sorry for saying so, but it describes the situation very well) I planned to overtake you and pull away, which would have lost you a lot less time than always bothering about that car in the rear mirror. I know from myself that a car directly behind you always unsettles you.
Anyway, it was some clean action! Big respect for that!
(And it's not like we're driving for league-points, we're just driving for the fun we have in the race.)
Oh, and I forgot one thing:
I sometimes meet people online who just honk to make someone notice that they're beside them. If you'd said "bf" on the straight I would have known that you wanted me to yield earlier.

Didn't have that binded and in didn't want to type in the heat of the race
At one point I decided to let you go, but then I found myself overtaking you again at t1 without even thinking about it . Anyway, like you said: at least we drove clean. Looking forward to racing you (and the others) next time!
was a good race, i was in the main battle around midfield, till i spun.....about the same place as the FOX challenge! then i got back upto 8th but needed to pit. Got back on track close to the people that passed me while i was pitting. But then i realised.....My pit crew seemed to forget to refuel, and so i had to pit again...which had me pulling my hair out! i dropped back to around 15th after that, with a huge gap to make up! ended up 14th i think.. Was a good race though, Must say, unlucky stoney..I was hoping you'd finish, you seemed to climbing nicely, even though you seemed to have quite alot of trouble (which wasnt your fault)
Quote from dadge :I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME LAKE.

U told me that last time Dadge
I hope u ll be the winner next time dude
Good and fair race.
I remember having a small contact with you after the straight line.
The thing is that we are too much gentlemen.
I wanted to let you pass, and u wanted too, hehe.
Good fight anyway.
Had a great race Qualified 4th, but had a terrible start and was p7 orso after some laps right behind franky. Battled with him for several laps, until i finally could get past him. Closed the gap to "the end" but while we were fighting franky also caught up again and we had some intense laps Unfortunate that franky went wide on the grass. "The end" was behind me, he came close but never really in the opportunaty to overtake. After my pit i just drove it to the finish at a 4th position.

Congrats to the winners and thumbs up for the backmarkers, very nice drive
Even though I've been around in LFS since S1 this was my very first "official" event. Qualified 16th pretty much as I expected.. Never been a hotlapper.
Had some very intense fights with quite a few people. Finished 7th (Pretty much as I expected trusting on my consistency..)
Thanks for a clean race. Looking forward for more
Great race. 10th in quali, right in the thick of it but managed to stay out of all the trouble in the first couple of turns. Didn't have the pace to stay with the fast guys but completed the full 60 laps and finsihed 6th. Well pleased. Had to get me head down to stay ahead of Zeug for the first few laps which was fun. Spent the rest of the race on my own accept letting Vain past who I knew was a lap down on me anyway. There was no point battling because he was about 0.5s faster per lap. Had a slight mishap out of the final turn catching too much kerb on around lap 47. Clipped the pitwall and damaged the left front wishbone. It was costing me about a second a lap and I had Lake catching me and I really didn't want to be lapped that close the the end of the race . I got the impression he was cruising but I still had to really push to stay ahead of him.

Might even enter the next one. See if I can repeat the result. Cheers fellas.
#23 - need
Had a good mostly good race, started in the wrong position on the grid, but that didn't really matter too much anyway, since I held back going into T1.
Gradually made up a few places, mainly through other people making mistakes and running wide, but wasn't really quick enough to race/catch those in front, so I tried to concentrate on staying consistent and staying out of the way of the leaders when they caught me up.
Finally finished in 15th, which makes a nice change from finishing last
Quote from Theafro :clean!, well i suppose it wasn't intentional but i did have an arse of a race due to my 'coming together' with spyshagg on L5, don't think it was his fault but i went from 12th (ish) to 20th and had to crawl back up through the field. I couldn't settle into a nice rythm after that. Oh well at least i finished

i had a nice battle with Colt for about 30 laps, and managed to get to 9th before dropping to 13th after i had to pit (5% short on fuel) on lap 52

I'm not too fussed about my final position - I learnt a lot in the process and will be back for the next GP stronger than ever!

Well done backmarkers! Good drive by all

sorry for that.... i was 5th and suddenly i was driving a 2 wheel car (yep, the chinane lol) and rolled over. I restarted the car to leave the track but one car caught me (now i see it was you). sorry
It was my first race today and I am really happy. Though I didn't a achieve anything, I met great people and clean drivers. Many times I was getting excited when the Blue Flag showed cause being my first time I was afraid I would crash someone hehe. Fortunately, I just stayed out of the way and no one got hurt!

Great race and would love to compete again!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG