The online racing simulator
Locating a button in different screen modes?
Hello everyone
I placed a button in the game using the insim when the game was in full screen mode, but when i pressed Shift+F4, the button's location changed to somewhere else (possibly because of this screen re-sizing).
I consider that a problem for what i want to do with the button.
So, is there a way to fix that thing or not?? or is there someway to know what screen mode the player is using?

Thanks Smile
Position of buttons is always relative to LFS window. You can check if LFS is running in fullscreen or not with ISS_WINDOWED flag in IS_STA packet but it won't work for remote hosts.
Insim buttons are placed in a grid (was it 200 by 200? I can't remember the exact figures). So their position depends on window aspect ratio.
if that's so, then i'll have to show a message to the player to use the game in full screen so that he sees it in the place i want? lol

and yeah .. it's 200 by 200
That would not work. People have 4:3 monitors, and 16:9, 16:10, 5:4...
What exactly are you trying to do? I can't think of anything that'd require you to need to know the actual dimensions of LFS window. One thing that might be of concern is the camera FOV but that would matter only if you were trying to do some "pseudo-3D" buttons etc.
Well, what i want to do is, when the player starts a job, a button with a dot (•) appears on his screen (actually on his map), to show him where he needs to go.
I've tried it, but when i switched to the full screen mode, the dot changed its place.
Another problem is when the player has selected the rotating map instead of the static one. Then the dot stays at one place, while the map rotates, which makes it almost impossible to place it correctly.
Oh right .. I've totally forgot that!
In that case, i have to leave this idea and not work on it !!
-
(paygate107) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG