The online racing simulator
24 person limit on server [not a bug]
(13 posts, started )
There was a server today (Friday, June 02, 2006 at 6:18 PM EST) that had 24 person limit to the server. I joined the server and the admin seemed pretty suspicious and he didn't really want to talk about it, but he acknowledged that the server did infact have 24 slots. I have provided a picture for proof that this happened (3rd server down):

Hex edit of the dedicated server exe?
#3 - DeadX
yeh that was my server and its not dedicated...its still running now, i did not say it indeed has 24 slots. You asked me how do i have 24 slots, i thin said because i have a good connection...but you are right i did not say anything about how many slots i have open, the limit is 23 i have it set max on 23 guests on my hosting server, im seeing that image for the first time and yes it does say 24 but i promise you that it is a big bug i agree with you on that.

EDIT: if i wanted to Hex edit the server how whould i do that anyways? if i wanted more people to be able to join by doing it that way why make it 1 extra slot, i whould of made it about 30 not just add 1 slot...

My friend did say that i did have 24 slots showing...but i dont know how that is possible
#4 - ORION
Guess your not using a dedi, but hosting the game yourself, so you can have an additional car on the host computer.
That's not a bug at all. There are always 24 slots. But on a dedicated host, one of these is used by the host itself, so leaving only 23 "real" slots. It's the same on a non-dedi as well but the host is an actual user so that makes 24.

It has to be this way, so that a dedi with no-one connected, reports 0 users, and a non-dedi with only the host there, reports 1 user.
Ok thanks, I had never seen a 24 person server before.
Why is it limited to 23/24 anyway? Why can't we have 30 slots?
#8 - ORION
It will take a while till all the pitlane buildings are renovated
Scawen's post explains something I've been wondering for quite a while now. I'd see a server that said 1 connection and no one would be in there. I've always wondered why it would be in my list with empty servers filtered off. That explained it .
ok that sounds good... thanks for clearing this confusion up
Quote from wheel4hummer :Why is it limited to 23/24 anyway? Why can't we have 30 slots?

Or better, something like 60 slots.

In an MRT race.

In South City Sprint 2.

/me dreams away

Can someone calculate the bandwidth needed for 60 users online? (Or point me to the algorithm of the calculation). That would be interesting...
Can we get more active client slots, as in the number of racers bumped up to 24 as to allow for all of the cars in the next season of F1.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG